my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

7.11.2005

A Word about Wind to the Wise


Just when I have a boatload of work and nothing witty to say,
Ruth saves me.

"When Dvorah was about 4, I found her standing in front of the
open front door, all her clothing piled at her feet, facing away from
the door.

Me: 'What are you doing?'

D: 'Just getting some wind in my butt.'

The more I think about it, the more I believe perhaps we could all
use a little wind in our butts."


Today's fragrance: Stella McCartney's Stella Intense ... notes of rose, peony, 'a touch of tangerine' and my favorite amber. It's bright and feminine and calm, somehow. Nothing screaming here. But it is very much present. You can't marginalize her, even if she's not shouting. "She's got everything she needs/ she's an artist/ she don't look back" (Dylan)

12 Comments:

Blogger Trina said...

I personally am a firm believer in airing out our entire bodies, and do so whenever possible :~) I love being naked, and would join a nudist colony except I don't like seeing other people naked - well, not *random* people. If I could hand-pick the members of my colony that would be a whole different story... *paging Russell Crowe*...

9:51 AM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

Oh lordy, what a turn of phrase! It sounds vaguely Texan in a way.

10:03 AM

 
Blogger cjblue said...

Yabbut, Trina, imagine Russell Crowe on a bad day in a place full of naked people. Not a pretty picture! ;-)

11:33 AM

 
Blogger Trina said...

Ruthie, if Russell lived in MY nudist colony I would *personally* ensure that he never had a bad day!

11:48 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

heh. and the world rests easier knowing that Crowe will never again have a bad day. heh.

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Ruth has got the funniest kids! I love that story :-)

1:38 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

That's awesome!

3:52 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

LOL. Kids.

6:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now don't tell anyone this, but sometimes at night I stand on my patio sans pjs (actually I don't have pjs). I have no neighhers facing my patio and I'm on the 3rd fl and with no lights on it's very dark and all I can see is the night sky and on a clear night it's full of stars. Remember - it's a secret, don't tell.

6:24 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

oh absolutely. this is just between me and my ten readers. and they're REALLY discreet. btw, I loved the Calandre character. xoxoxo

7:24 PM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

you can't beat a little wind in your butt

personally, i feel all of our orifices could do with regular airing

and naked swimming - oooooooooooh!

(but nowhere near mr crowe - blech! john cusack on the other hand...)

;-)

2:48 AM

 
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Only from Ruth's daughter. :-)

8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home