my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

7.09.2005

Le Freak! C'est Chic!


Aaahh Freak out!
Le Freak, C'est Chic
Freak out!
Aaahh Freak out!
Le Freak, C'est Chic
Freak out!
Aaahh Freak out!
Le Freak, C'est Chic
Freak out!
Aaahh Freak out!
Le Freak, C'est Chic
Freak out!

All that pressure got you down
Has your head spinning all around
Feel the rhythm, check the ride
Come on along and have a real good time
Like the days of stopping at the Savoy
Now we freak, oh what a joy
Just come on down, two fifty four
Find a spot out on the floor

Now Freak!
I said Freak!
Now Freak!


After today's little homage to disco, the fragrance is Matthew Williamson by Matthew Williamson (merci, J).

Notes include: bergamot, lime, neroli, tagete, ginger and cinnamon oils, a warm sand accord and schinus molle (?!). Midnotes are jasmine sambac, orris concrete, ylang ylang java oil, magnolia flower oil, rose, gardenia and living heliotrope. Base: labdanum resin, sandalwood oil, vanilla, olibanum resin, benzoin resin, patchouli heart and sensual musk.
Is there anything that hasn't been included? Bueller? Anyone?

I don't care what the cognoscenti say, I like it. Reminds of Vivienne Westwood Boudoir.

You know what would be really cool? If y'all (hardly ever say that, heh) would talk about your wildest disco experiences in the comments. Come on, you know you want to. *Remember Pier 70?*

Now Freak!

addendum: you can put the collagen and the botox into the girl, but you can't take the girl out of her designated age group. I just read the above request for wild disco experiences, and read the comments ("huh?") and fully realized that most of you have never been in a disco. So never mind. [but thank you to UrbanChick for validation. heh.]

11 Comments:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Love the visual.

I have a decant of this fragrance, and there is something about it that does not mix well with my chemistry.

I am going to give it another try in the fall.

Hope you are well.
xox
b

5:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry no disco experiences that I want to share (thank goodness certain experiences fade from our memories rather quickly). And by the way, I sure do smell good!!!!!!!!!! And to paraphrase Kevin McCarthy in the Body Snatchers (favorite movie) "watch the mail, watch the mail".

7:45 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Remember, "Push, push, push in the bush?"

Not that I would ever disco.

8:11 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

I'm such a sad person: I have never been to a disco. :-(

Glad you like the MW, you freak! LOL!

8:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember looking at the few (two?) discos in Western Washington from sidewalks. I thought they looked a bit frightening and hyped.

I've never been to a disco, but felt like I had been after I saw Saturday Night Fever, a truly wretched film. Too bad. John Travolta's dancing was amazing.

~clearing

9:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had massively uncool parents. There was no such thing as disco at our house. My concept today of disco is the glittery ball at the roller rink.

10:19 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

M, i am (i think) a relative youngster and i am proud to say i have done the disco thing - you guys MISSED OUT!!

2:06 PM

 
Blogger Sand said...

Being Keeter's second self my disco was also the mirrored ball at the roller rink.

I've seen Saturday Night Fever several times and the lip singing theme for my sorority in college was disco so we all dressed up like disco divas and sang several songs. We came in 3rd place which was the worst placement we'd ever done as we usually came in 1st.

I blame it on the girl who did "I will survive" she tried to be cute dancing and forgot she was there to sing!

4:53 PM

 
Blogger WinterWheat said...

I am proud to say that I was a regular at The Disco Kid, a disco in Detroit specifically for under-18s, in the late 1970s. It looked EXACTLY like the disco in Saturday Night Fever. The girls wore pink satin track suits that their moms had sewn, and the boys wore printed Quiana shirts. There was a dance contest and the grand prize was a cherry red Schwinn 10-speed. It was there that I learned how painful it can be to snort a Pixy Stix (kidding). Ah, memories...

5:12 PM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

I remember Disco -- dis foot goes here, and dis goes there and dis goes here.

8:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's disco, and then there's school disco. Now that was something else again. My school had a bunch of hearing-impaired kids who mostly didn't integrate much, it was just too hard or we were all just too impatient and self-involved - except at the disco, where the pounding in the floor meant they could properly join in - and they had the advantage over us because they could still talk over the music as well.

Does anyone remember the printed mats you could buy for learning disco steps, with feet on them?

11:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home