my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

7.10.2005

As Perfume Doth Remain ...


As perfume doth remain
In the folds where it hath lain,
So the thought of you, remaining
Deeply folded in my brain,
Will not leave me; all things leave me:
You remain.

Arthur Symons (1865-1945)

Today's fragrance: Serge Lutens Sa Majeste la Rose with its notes of white rose, chamomile, lichee, geranium, Moroccan rose, gaiac wood, clove, white honey and vanilla. Initially the herbal rose of high summer, a spiced sweetness emerges much later. Long, long -- if faint -- drydown of pale honeyed vanilla.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful. You are such an artist with this fabulous coupling. I love Imogen Cunningham and had forgotten this.

~clearing

6:30 AM

 
Blogger Lila said...

What a cool picture!

4:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful poem. I really do like the way you write and the description and names of the perfumes. Moroccan Rose -- that name deserves a drawing.

6:59 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Ummm...pale honeyed vanilla. I'm lovin' it.

7:11 PM

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I really think you should think about publishing a book with these intense, provocative dark, but beautiful visual images.

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home