my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

6.07.2005

WHAT Did You Say?

Allergies are driving me crazy. Eyes are squinty and itchy. Nose seems to have taken over most of face. Sleepy, sleepy, sleepy from pharmaceutical mixed cocktail (Claritin and Benadryl).

High point of morning: maple bar split with Bucky. (Do not mention diet to me. I only ate half and Bucky got the bigger half.)

In other news, scarf I am knitting snarls itself while I sleep. Obviously possessed by evil demon intent on seeing I never finish the damn thing. (Don't worry, recipient. None of this will be apparent in finished product.)

Read other women's blogs and once again swept away by vast ocean of internet talent. Once again I hate them all.

Big fragrance news is Luca Turin blog. Have secret crush on Luca Turin. Must disguise it by proclaiming disdain for "Hero Worship." Must sneak back to reread later.

Internal monologue not very cheerful. A bit unfocused. Although did have some nice erotic dream content last night. Thank God, no more Katie Couric.

This is it for now. Perhaps more later. *practices Princess backhanded wave, imagining self on palace balcony, waving to adulatory crowd*

Fragrance of the Day: Frederic Malle Une Rose, because of Tania's mention and Victoria's truffle accord. Do not feel girly. Feel in full bloom, surrounded by pollen.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

PMSing dear heart?

*smooch* *hug* *cluck, cluck*

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

"vast ocean of internet talent" - come on, you must count yourself amongst this crowd, M! but whilst i work on persuading you of this, continue to channel that anger, lady...

**waves back at royal impersonator from the pavement**

maple bar? mmmm, sounds yummy - where to buy (in london)??

1:16 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

poor k-girl and UC -- no maple bars in Canada or Britain. heh. They are these rectangles of doughnut slathered with maple frosting. Usually stale when purchased at grocery store, but if you find a fresh one, they're heaven-on-a-stick. *note to self: must send CARE packages to k-girl and UC* *k-girl snickers, knowing of poor record on mail sendouts* xoxoxo

2:14 PM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Gosh, I wouldn't dare to snicker when you're in one of these moods!! :-)
I am confident that my package will arrive at the exactly correct moment :-)

Maple donuts are something I can relate to. I think we call them Long Johns. (Look at me, pretending I don't eat junk food LOL).
xo

2:25 PM

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Allergies can be so annoying! So, are you the one who likes the 'hay' smelling fragrances??

BTW: Love that Mogdiglioni! I saw an entire traveling exhibit of his in Los Angeles. Very interesting.

2:32 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

Barbara! weirdly, I do like HAY smell in fragrance -- like the broom scent in Ta'if. Go figure that whatever we love makes us miserable. xoxoxo

3:01 PM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

I'm just down the road (well, interstate more accurately) in Portland, and I am also doing awful allergies. In addition to trying to get over whatever flu or cold I have had. Bleh. You have my sympathy, dear M.

I've never tried the maple bar cure, though. I have, however, done the Boston Creme cure for hangovers, hangnails, and general grouchiness. I am glad to hear a report that there is now a verifiable application for Maple Bars. I don't care for them, but the husband does, and he'll be delighted with a good excuse ;)

And I am just going to shush you with this envy of others' blog entries: I find your consistent quality of writing an inspiration and a challenge. I want to thank you for that, and I'll suggest that I'm certainly not the only one who finds inspiration here.

3:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My impression was that you were in misery today and you were being simply extra hilarious as a result of noble suffering. Pain brings out your funny bone.

But aside from personally enjoying the fruits of your misery, and laughing my head off.. I want to tell you and the thirty thousand others who read here and care about you, that I am so sorry.

~clearing

3:34 PM

 
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

*adulatory crowd waves back*

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Sand said...

I believe that if nobody sees me eat something bad, that it didn't really happen! Since Bucky was present, those calories did count! Next time give him half and take off running eating the other half. You'll burn off calories that way!

Hope you feel better!

8:10 PM

 
Blogger Annieytown said...

I fell in love with Luca yesterday. I will be very public with my crush.
Your blog is one of the best of the bunch M.

5:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home