my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

5.29.2005

Bucky Says: Thank God She's Finally Asleep


RRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm writing today's entry because mama's allergies are acting up and it's best for all concerned if she just stays asleep.

And I thought this would be a good opportunity to give you my view of the woman in my life: M.

She's not bad. There are, of course, a few things about her that irritate me.

One is the constant begging for kisses. The woman is insatiable. She gets right up in my face, when I'm trying to sleep and rests her cheek against my powerful jaws. Doesn't she realize that with one *SNAP* I could bite off half her face? Of course I wouldn't, but just sayin'.

She has a strange intolerance for my prey. On at least one occasion, I have presented her with a perfectly decent dead mouse (ok, rat) and -- far from being grateful -- she screamed for dad to come take it away. That wasn't very motivational. And I have to tell you I was a bit insulted.

Then there's the issue about my hair. Let me tell you, I'm not the only one around here who's shedding. I can't tell you how many times I've come across a long brown hair in my kibble. And you know it wasn't mine. Plus she makes such a production about it when some of mine inadvertently strays. Big deal.

On the treat front, I've got no complaints. She's way more generous than Old Alpha, I mean dad. And she's especially free-handed with the protein (I think because she doesn't like it and it's a way of making dad think she's eating meat, which she's supposed to be doing. We all win on that one).

Oddly, I've learned to love fruit and vegetables with the woman. Just last night, we were eating cherries. She'd bite into one, spit the pit out and give me half. I found that endearing.

Heck, there's a lot about her that's good. I just wish she'd stop insisting on the constant demonstration of affection. By now she ought to know I love her. No need to get all slobbery about it.

Oh. Fragrance of the day. I'm still wearing Rose Ikebana and A La Nuit because she was hugging on me and my fur absorbs her perfume. I'm usually just wearing what she wore yesterday.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Snapper. Thanks for visiting the blog -- added the fragrance thing. thanks for reminding me. Yeah, I just don't get the whole human affection thing ... but what ya gonna do? Can't live without 'em, can't bite 'em.

Buckster

6:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

::weeps:: Hammie man is no longer available for commentary. Mr. Fluffy Pants is scheduled to be buried today, with great ceremony, now that the ground is fully thawed. But it's raining here, and snowing in the mountains. He may have to sleep in the freezer a bit longer.

He would have said..."I just hate to be picked up all the time.. and they talk to me like I'm a baby. And then they go and put me in their shirts expecting me to just go to sleep when being in a dark place simple invigorates my system and brings me to life! Oh those girls. They were so nice to me, and gentle, but they always did hurt my nose terribly with this strange smell. A different one every day..."

:O

~clearing

8:09 AM

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Bucky is definitely the bomb!
Love that smile.

I hope that Bucky's mom feels better too. Alergies can be so annoying.

BTW: I was wearing A La Nuit yesterday. Such a gorgous fragance.
Astro send slurps,
xox
b

12:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impertinent cur! Do you not know which side your bone is buttered on? On which side your bone is ... you get the idea. A few kisses every 5 minutes is precious little to pay for all that she does for you, young man. How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have an ungrateful chi---, er, dog. Stop whining and get with the program. And, while we're at it: Heel!

12:35 PM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Dear Bucky, your mom let it slip that she likes to wear black sweats. If you were my dog or like any of the dogs who have lived with me, you would spend all your time shedding white or cream coloured hairs all over the place, regardless of your coat colour. I'm sure that M loves the extra warmth from all these hairs.

On the other hand, you can't blame a person for the irresistible urge to kiss your flues. It is the most delectable spot on a dog and you need to just close your eyes, lay back, and let it happen. Resistance is futile.

If you want revenge on me, you may go and coat the scarf your boss is making for me, with Bucky hairs.
I would be touched.

fondly,
kyahgirl

2:04 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

LOLOLOL he's sitting on your scarf now, K-girl!!!

2:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home