my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

5.23.2005

Life Is A Cabaret, Old Chum


Nothing says Monday like the CanCan!!

And nothing says brisk rosiness like Cabaret by Gres. *blows kiss to Jonna* *who I hope is not still in the throes of the stomach flu*

Introduced in 2002, it's a woody floral fragrance that SAYS it includes rose, lily of the valley, peony, and pink bay layered over middle notes of incense and blue orris, and finished with sandalwood, amber, and musk.
What it DOES for me: initially a rose so bright that it's lemony -- very stimulative, and I pour it on when I need energy -- that dries down to a dry (could that be the orris?) woodiness that I find very comforting.

And speaking of Toulouse Lautrec -- and he always comes to mind when I think of dissolute nightlife ... how long has it been since you've had a good swig of absinthe? Way too long, I bet.

Sometimes our lives are so mundane. As opposed to demimonde. Must do something about that. *Makes note to dig out black tights and cancan skirt.*

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

M, you have the BEST visuals!! I saw the Lautrec exhibit at the National Gallery in DC last month and really enjoyed it. It put Lautrec in the wider Montmartre context and that was fabulous. You could try Caron's French Can Can, but I warn you, it is a very loud scent. But maybe that is what you want :D.

12:36 PM

 
Blogger Yesrie said...

"... how long has it been since you've had a good swig of absinthe? Way too long, I bet."

Uh-oh, you lost that one ]:> Not long enough! There were many, many swigs, complete with full Bohemian-ritual sugar flameage, witty répartée which never graced a single long-term-memory cell of any of the participants, and the rousing dénouement of my having acrobatically de-shower-curtained the hosts' salle de bain.

But I'm almost read for another go.

11:11 PM

 
Blogger Yesrie said...

readY. Almost readY.

11:12 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

ahh, L: no, YOU have the best visuals. As you know.
and Y: i just love it when you speak French, complete with accents. ya big showoff.

7:50 AM

 
Blogger Yesrie said...

She said "tastical." Heh heh.

9:32 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

yeah. heh. she's also cute when she's riding the porcelain bus. heh.

10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home