my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

6.03.2005

Chaos to Order

I have my own Chaos theory and you can see it in my home at this very moment.

I despise cleaning ... and yet, if one does not want to live a third-world existence (I'm sure this offends someone), one must regularly, energetically use abrasive household products.

Bleh.

I'm of a mindset that really enjoys the bonbon eating, TV watching, trashmag reading side of life. I know it says unspeakable things about my character but, hey, I Gotta Be Me.

It's bad enough my bonbon eating is currently restricted, but to have to clean house, too?

*Feels minor rebellion fomenting* *Sullen facial expression emerges* *Wildass fantasy entertained of teaching dog to vacuum*

I'll let you know how this turns out.

Today's fragrance: DK Black Cashmere thanks to mamiesb *mwah.* Because I am a femme fatale with sponge-in-hand. Spicy, musky earthy skin scent. I love it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Urban Chick said...

i couldn't agree more, M

my own little plan is to attach dusters to my children's knees and hands - this is the only way i can see that my skirting boards are going to get any attention

8:50 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Oh M, if only it could be done. A smart dog like Bucky will look at you, roll his eyes, and mutter in disdain " Mother, I do not have opposable thumbs, therefore I cannot hold a vacuum, therefore, bugger off".

How do I know this?
Its been tried.

xoxo

9:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want that vacuum!




~clearing

9:54 AM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

I would demand you receive a Nobel Prize if you could work out a way to get a dog to vacuum. My dog used to attack ours for years before he finally got old enough to not care about protecting us any more.

10:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

M, darling. I have a doggie/vacuumer- in- training, waiting in the wings. When you're ready for her, give me a ring.
xoxo,
Laura/laurelines

11:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having som urgent work to do (usually refers to university related work) is the best way to get myself to suddenly adore cleaning, doing laundry and even washing dishes. Now, do not get me wrong--I love what I do, but working on it more than 12h a day (on many an occasion during the past semester) often gets quite old. Taking a break to watch a movie seems like a decadent pleasure, while mopping the floors is a productive pursuit (during which you can put movie on and sort of forget about the original intent to clean).

11:22 AM

 
Blogger Yesrie said...

I uh, {{cough}} try to vacuum at least annually.

My back hurts just from looking at the Nancy shot 8-O And those heels! Open-toed white, for vacuuming? :> And--no pocket for bonbons in the apron?

2:12 PM

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I think it is a better idea to have our husbands clean, not our dogs! My baby is too old, falls down stairs, and too spoiled!

But it is a grand idea to have someone else do the job.

3:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Invite someone over. That at least ensures that all of your trash, etc. will be picked up and the major clutter hidden behind the shower curtain in your bathroom. (That's actually pitiful now that I read it....)

Glad you're enjoying Black Cashmere. It's a very sexy cleaning scent.

7:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home