my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

11.23.2007

Perspective: Time

Time is too slow for those who wait/ Too swift for those who fear/ Too long for those who grieve/ Too short for those who rejoice/ But for those who love, Time is not.
Henry Van Dyke
Time, Time, Time/ see what's become of me/ While I looked around for my possibilities/ I was so hard to please.
Paul Simon
We're captive on the carousel of time/ We can't return we can only look behind/ From where we came/ And go round and round and round/In the circle game.
Joni Mitchell
If you're lost you can look/ And you will find me/ Time after time/ If you fall I will catch you--/ I will be waiting/ Time after time.
Cyndi Lauper

3 Comments:

Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

It's just a question tiiiiiime
It's running out for you
It won't be long until you'll do
Exactly what they want you to
(Depeche Mode)

Those are wonderful. Especially the one of Paul Simon. Time doesn't mean the same not even in the same language, does it?

12:19 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

That's Reverend Henry Van Dyke to you, Missy. And, apparently, Reverend TLP. Apparently there's plenty of time for seminary. Priestess Ariel?

Come to think of it, Rabbi Mireille has a wonderful ring to it.

6:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home