my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

11.21.2007

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving ...

No, no, beauty takes second place to ...

the baking of pie,
the shredding of dry bread for dressing
the spicing of yams
the peeling of potatoes
the slicing of brussels sprouts
the crushing of cranberries
the opening of cans of creamed corn

.... and tomorrow, the championship, The 11 lb. Turkey. Who knew how gratifying it could be to be up to your elbows in a turkey carcass. Just me, the turkey and some unidentifiable objects. euuuw.

I'm gonna need that Moment of Beauty by the time that menu gets done with me.

Of the many things I'm grateful for, my blogfriends are at the top of my list. Whether poster or lurker, I value -- and thank -- you all.

Happy Thanksgiving 2007.


Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye Heavenly Host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

Yes, someone is grateful for lurkers! I am more often a lurker than a poster, I am going to have a happy Thanksgiving now. :-)

I don't know what cream corn tastes like but I am drooling.

Happy Thanksgiving!

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Be right over. Happy thanksgiving, Mireille.

Ariel, we are all thankful for each lurker by name.

7:41 AM

 
Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

LOL!

10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home