my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

11.17.2007

Today I Smell Excellent

With a slight nod to the original intent of this blog, or at least part of its intent: to bring fragrance to a smelly world ... today I wear my holy grail scent, the scent for which I would forsake all other, if forced to, and I certainly hope that doesn't happen, because all my other bottles would be homeless and that would make me ineffably sad -- and did I mention I got my toes painted fire engine red today? Fun. Oh, right. The fragrance.

Ta'if by Ormonde Jayne. A rose by any other name.

Also, just now, I read a snippet on a piece of artwork featured in someone's decor blog. Here is a paraphrase: "At some time in her life, usually by midlife, a woman makes her most important decision: whether to be bitter." Cheerful, huh? I think you know where I land on this issue.

And Thanksgiving is coming!!!

Image of Ta'if roses by Silvija Seres

6 Comments:

Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

You smell so enthralling, you should be poured into bottles and sold!

That question thing can be true, although in my case case it was "Whether to stop being bitter."

1:33 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

You and Doug need to discuss this. xoxo

6:17 AM

 
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

You do smell excellent.

7:14 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Bitterness is purity. Sweetness is for French brothels and American cougars.

(ok, ok. xoxo)

7:40 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Life sucks. But I'm not bitter.

12:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, enjoyed this lil entry. Perfume and red nails... ooh, you've just inspired me to paint mine! Lalala...

11:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home