my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

10.11.2005

Janey Tagged Me

It's a privilege and an honor to be tagged by Janey of Janey's Journey!

Twenty Random Facts About Me:

I was an advertising copywriter for twenty years.
I was once married to a jazz musician.
I was once told I'd end up in a wheelchair.
I didn't.
I have a steel plate and six screws in my neck.
I paint.
I knit.
I love Jim.
I have seven wonderful friends and one lousy one.
I believe we hate that in others that we fear in ourselves.
My dogs have been named Jenny, Irish, Meggie, Jazmin, Asta and now Bucky.
Bucky is my first boy dog.
I once believed in The Revolution.
I've lived in Independence, Kansas; Fairbanks, Alaska; Ogden, Utah; Manila, Phillippines; Dayton, Ohio; Sweetser, Indiana; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Tuebingen, Germany and Seattle, Washington.
I have green eyes that turn brown when I'm mad.
I think I will eventually live in a glass-windows-to-the-ceiling loft.
I am afraid of water.
I like butter.
I abhor organ meats.
I will die happy.

I tag: bela of Slap of the Day, Canadian Gourdess, Clearingesque, cjblue of Crazy Jay Blue and actonbell of Hoppy Trails!

8 Comments:

Blogger cjblue said...

I love your random facts! Do you set off metal detectors? Is that the same stupid question everybody asks you when they find out you have metal in your body? Kind of like people who call me Baby Ruth and think it's original and funny. But I'm not trying to be funny. Or original. Just curious. Can you tell this is my kinda manic time of evening?

And so...now I'm tagged. Since I'm still a major geek among bloggers, I don't truly know what this means. Am I now to post twenty random facts about myself as my next blogspot? I can do that. I think.

I'm truly honored! ♥

4:45 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

You two are happy to be tagged?! I'm like, "Grrr!" LOL!

Don't know about M, but I have titanium clips in one of my eyes: I couldn't have an MRI. I do not set off metal detectors.

5:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a metal buckle holding my eye in (detached retina) and I have teeth implants. We're both bionic. I was very disappointed when the surgeon told me I wouldn't set off any alarms. Leo is my first boy cat and you paint? Where are the pictures? I want to see pictures, please.

7:29 PM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I just remembered that you were supposed to be in knitting a scarf I believe, and were going to post pictures...

10:02 PM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

wow! so many people with bits of metal in them!

feel rather left out now...

i have a small filling in one molar...does that count?

[liked finding out more about you!]

UC
x

5:22 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

cjblue and actonbell: ♥
bela, clearing and still life: heh.
janey, i think UC's filling counts, don't you? xoxo

6:05 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Loved your facts! Interesting abode sites.

No metal parts. *feeling smug*

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Oh, thanks for tagging me. I'm honoured! It will be a bit of a stretch to think up 20 interesting things but I'll give it a shot.

I loved reading more about you. When I first met you the thought flashed through my mind about why you don't turn your head much, then I remembered about the hardware. You have a spine of steel in more ways than one sweetie. God, I just cringe when I think of how you've suffered with that disease. Its awful.
xoxox
L

12:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home