my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

10.04.2005

In Which I Discover I Am A Bit Competitive

So yesterday I'm sitting in the Contracts class, for which I turned in my videotaped writing assignment and in which we are supposed to have a quiz the last 25 minutes of the class. And she's lecturing along very interestingly. And lecturing. And lecturing. And I'm staring up meaningfully at the clock BECAUSE IT'S TIME TO HAVE THE QUIZ, dammit and she lectures right through the quiz time. Because she was on a roll and forgot we were supposed to have a quiz. BUT MY BODY CHEMISTRY WAS ALL WORKED UP TO HAVE THE QUIZ, dammit and I can't believe how disappointed and even upset I was over not getting to take the quiz and so she says we can take it home and do it openbook and turn it in next class and I think WHAT GOOD IS THAT? Does that give me an opportunity to show off and leave my 19 year old classmates in my dust? I submit to you IT DOES NOT.
Dammit.

12 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Life's like that, I guess. Full of exciting expectation and disappointments. But, "Tomorrow is another day!"

7:20 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Oh my! What a journey of self discovery you are on!!heh.

xo
Laura

7:38 AM

 
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

LOL -- You go girl!!! Show those young 'uns what you can do.

8:13 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

demand to have the quiz IN THE CLASS next week regardless of whether people have done it at home

i predict that even then YOU WILL STILL WIN ('cause those youngsters will have been too lazy to so much as google for the difficult questions)

love that cartoon, btw

UC
x

8:31 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

LOL! Why didn't you shout out, "I object!"? (Sorry, just seen Legally Blonde again.)

I agree with UC: I'm sure you're one of the fastest and best googlers in the West. :-)

10:41 AM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Meanwhile, everyone else in the class was staring up at the clock with fingers crossed. And breathed a sigh of relief at the end of the hour.

11:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**laughing my head off!**

sorry





~clearing

3:18 PM

 
Blogger dddragon said...

LOL - my prof is still getting the different classes mixed up - "we covered this, right?" I've taken to asking him what he's smoked beforehand. Our exam was already scheduled to be a take-home one with four essay questions (he also encourages discussion among students, saying that it's part of the learning process) and still he was a class behind in getting it to us.

It's been interesting being the oldster in this class.

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Fred said...

LOL - I had to sometimes cancel a test because I forgot that periods were shortened due to an assembly or something like that.

I learned my lesson a few years ago to avoid that at all costs. Once kids study, thy're ready to go. Now.

4:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're probably the only one in the class prepared, ready and wanting to take the test. It's not nice to laugh at other people's disappointments but really, this is very funny.

5:26 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

You'll tan their hides later, mireielle!

5:28 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

LOL. Great cartoon, and excellent post. I understand completely!

I guess the lesson was in the "fairness" of the law. There isn't much.

6:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home