my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

9.29.2005

Autumn, Really

It's fairly early in the morning and Jim was meditating, so the house was very, very quiet.

Then I heard the wind pushing against the window and I thought, "Fall. It's finally fall."

Our first gray day in quite a while ... so gray it's dark outside. I love this pulling into oneself that happens when it turns cold and wet.

You look for light and warmth, and you close ranks with those you truly trust. And maybe indulge in a bit of melancholy:

Time it was and what a time it was it was,
A time of innocence, a time of confidences.

Long ago it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories, they're all that's left you.

Bookends, Simon and Garfunkel

Today's Fragrance: Tolu by Ormonde Jayne. The ultimate autumn fragrance with notes of
juniper berry, orange blossom and clary sage, orchid (!), Moroccan rose and muguet, tolu,
tonka bean, golden frankincense and amber. She's a genius.

11 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

Autumn has hit the mountains down here, too. My favorite season. Scent of the day- Old Spice anti-perspirant.

Zockso!

8:56 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

Old Spice! Yum! zockso!

8:59 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

oh, Tolu. I wore this the other night. Always wondered why I didn't get more. What a beautiful fall scent. You smell fab!

9:38 AM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

*aniff sniff* I love both fall and autum! Air smells so fresh! Woof!

10:34 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

I slapped summer a little while ago for not being long enough. I dislike this time of year. Sorry. :-(

ahplui: ah, rain in French (almost)

10:38 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

i love autumn and have to disagree with fellow londoner bela: today was the perfect day...blue skies but cool and crisp

yay for autumn (except the snots which i'd happily do away with)!

UC
x

2:41 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

I love that song...

7:26 PM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Autumn my absolute favorite

9:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah fall in Florida, only in the low 90s today. I only get nostalgic for winter climates in October (so I'm a day early). But that's it. I get over it by November and head for the beach. And I do love s&a. Where did yu get the photo? It's beautiful.

6:17 AM

 
Blogger Julia Reffner said...

I love grey rainy days too. Specially if its cold. Cuddle up inside with the wife and now our 5 month old daughter aka the Beast. Sit and read stories to each other or just hang out and do things in the same room together. It makes for a wonderful excuse to have that together time which becomes so precious and necessary to any relationship you want to last.

The Lumpy

6:28 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

UC, you might dislike autumn if, I like me, you'd spent the best years of your life on the Côte d'Azur: the sunshine; the blue-blue sea; the mountains, the smells - they leave an indelible impression on the soul.

7:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home