my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

10.07.2005

CyberCommunity Population Statistics. Heh.

I've been blogging since March 25, 2005 and keeping blogstats since June. This morning I woke up to find we crossed the 20,000 hit mark! 20,013 as of this very minute! And I'm not sure what they mean, but below are the usage patterns for the past four months.

What's most interesting to me is the neighborhood I blog in. I've made so many friends, including but not limited to: Tom and Icy, Tan Lucy, Still Life ... and some are friends who crossed over into blogland: Clearingesque, Canadian Gourdess ... too many to list, but I look for you all. And get anxious when you're not there. Grin at your adventures; I'm sad when there's unhappiness.

Who would have thought a community like this could be built of electrical impulses? But then, look at us: what are we but electro-chemical impulses? That's a thought about cyberspace that comes back to me: we better enjoy our bodies, our physicality now, while we have it.

Because if we keep going down the road of this cyberworld the way we are, we're going to evolve out of our bodies ... and then where will we apply the perfume? Huh?

Today's fragrance: Sonoma Scent Studio's version of the discontinued Donna Karan Chaos. Perfect autumn fragrance with its notes of cedar and spice.

13 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

I think there was an advertisement for CD's that give off odors and smells when they are played. Maybe you need a special player, I never checked it out. But wouldn't it be so cool if you could download your fragrance of the day over the internet to your friends.

9:46 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

I would LOVE that. xoxo

9:57 AM

 
Blogger cjblue said...

I've missed you! And you said your writing would slow down when you went to school so maybe I could keep up. Off to catch up. I love your adventures too, and your writing. That stat counter is groovy. Yeah, I've adopted groovy as my new word. Or, old word made new. I think it would be groovy if my kids said groovy instead of cool. Ariela said Dvorah told her she's "not groovy." I said she can be anything she wants to be and if she wants to be groovy, then groovy she shall be.

See how I ramble on? Love you. You're groovy.

10:20 AM

 
Blogger Marina said...

Perfume is one of the things that keep me from completely disappearing into cyber-space :-)

Yesterday I looked at my stats as well. Someone from the Republic of Korea was reading my blog. For some reason it amazed me so much and pleased me a lot.

12:22 PM

 
Blogger dddragon said...

Yeah, stat counters are neat things.

One thing about cyberfriends - you don't have to wonder if they had onions with lunch.

1:27 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

Congrats on 20,000! That's awesome! I love your blog.

2:22 PM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Its amazing what a warm and close knit community we have, isn't it?
As I roll into Thanksgiving weekend, I will put this on my list of things to be thankful for. Its an important part of my life.

xoxo
Laura

5:11 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Wow, that's a lotta blogging girl!

You smell especially nice today. So all is well.

6:53 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Wow! Congratulations! That's impressive. :-)

7:13 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

Our BoSox lost... :-( Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!

7:24 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

I know. I'm so sorry, ap3. *snif* they gotta do something about their pitching.

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Isn't it amazing? My friends and I talk about that all the time... the blog community. The friends that I've made. The way people have touched my soul all the way from Seattle, Pennsylvania, California, Germany, England. My new friends.

9:59 PM

 
Blogger Fred said...

Congrats on so many hits. I'm jealous!

12:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home