my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

10.11.2005

Doggy Regression

So, behaviorally, Bucky has been a wonderful dog, lately.

In our pack-of-three, he hardly ever tries to shove me out of the Beta position, he's been very free with the tailwags, he allows me to pet him almost any time I want and he's been very accepting of any treats I provide, especially if I bring them to room temperature.

But last night, early morning, about 3:30 a.m., he engaged in an old battle of wills with Alpha. And we all know how that's going to turn out. If you don't come in when you're called late at night, you get the long leash attached to you again and you get reeled in.

Hope you're reading this, B. A word to the wise.


Today's fragrance: Un Robe de Zibeline by DSH. Think Regina Harris Rose Maroc, only about $100 less expensive. Amazingly similar dupe.

9 Comments:

Blogger cjblue said...

*Wondering how the leash thing will work on my older daughter...*

We're looking to adopt a doggy right now. Very timely post!

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

There was a great series recently on TV entitled It's Me or the Dog. It was hilarious. The dog trainer was a wonderful woman, who used fantastic tricks on recalcitrant doggies. She really mesmerized them, with a look or a gesture or a distinctive sound. My partner currently uses the distraction technique whenever I say the word "Christmas" and get stressed by it. It's working. *panting winsomely*

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Lila said...

You just gotta love the power struggles. My doggie and older kitty vie for power all the time, with me and each other.

3:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how that is. I have to have a conversation with Leo every now and then. I pick him up by his little shoulders and say hey I'm the boss here and you will lick your body parts somewhere else. And by the way, I tagged you - go see ;D

3:30 PM

 
Blogger Fred said...

Yeah, my five cats and one dog are always hissing at each other. The dog always loses - he's a scaredy cat.

4:20 PM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Yeah, but it looks like there's more of him than there are of you... six to one exactly.

9:57 PM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Hey, now. You can't always poop on command. Give us dogs a break! Sometimes we have to wonder around for a while longer before nature takes its course! I mean, you guys sit there and read, don't you? Woof!

4:28 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

The odd time when Casper decides to go on a long walk about in the middle of the night (when I am mistakenly under the impression that he desperately needs to pee)
I've been sorely tempted to just leave him out there for the rest of the night then go back to bed. Alas, I just can't do it, especially when I diligently keep shaving his big curly coat off!
Still, its annoying.

12:11 PM

 
Blogger Logophile said...

Hey, give Bucky a break now, I am sure he had a reason (may not have been a GREAT reason, but still)

11:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home