my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

10.12.2005

Blocked

Maybe it's because I feel very pressured. Or maybe it's because it is Yom Kippur and my soul is working hard elsewhere.

I want to write you something worth reading, but it's just not there tonight. Forgive me. I'll give you something worth reading as soon as I find it in me.

I can give you a good quote from someone else, though:

Joyce Carol Oates: "Writer's block is the temporary paralysis caused by the conviction, on an unconscious level, that what the writer is attempting is in some way fraudulent, or mistaken, or self-destructive."

6 Comments:

Blogger Lila said...

Great cartoon. I hope you're having a blessed Yom Kippur.

5:23 PM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Have a peaceful holiday.

10:46 PM

 
Blogger the many Bs said...

Enjoy your Yom Kippur. Don't stress about having nothing to say. A good cartoon works great.

11:50 PM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

blogger's block: there seems to be a lot of it going around right now!

i was saved by the excuse of my holiday and then i was tagged - yay!

UC
x

1:36 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

I have bloggers block today too. Yours in constipated solidarity: Kate. :-)

4:13 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Well Micki, I find everything you write is worth reading. Its all a matter of perspective.
Off you go now and try to relieve some pressure. We'll be here whenever you get back!!
xox
L

8:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home