my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

8.24.2005

Ce Soir ou Jamais

According to various sites, Annick Goutal's Ce Soir ou Jamais was a scent ten years in the making and incorporates 160 essences, including Turkish rose, jasmine, ambrette (these are the three acknowledged by the Annick Goutal site), cassis, pear, peach and wild flowers.

According to me, Ce Soir does bear a resemblance to the wonderful Sa Majeste la Rose of Serge Lutens. I think they may share the ambrette, which affords the scent a warm muskiness.

But I found this fragrance to soften into a much gentler rendition of rose after the sharpness of its first few minutes.

A sensual scent that I found myself relaxing into ... ultimately very gentle elegance. Lovely.

Sincere thanks to cjblue for the introduction.

11 Comments:

Blogger Annieytown said...

I love this one too.
I have not reached for it in so long.
Today I am wearing Magie by Lancome. I think you will love this one M. It is everything we love...and a bag of chips. LOL

5:00 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

oooh i am excited about your new blog cestchictoo...

5:55 AM

 
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

Great scent review, and cracked up at the visual!

6:14 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

Must get those chips! Now if only I was brave enough to put something in ccII! And thanks for noticing the cleaver, NST! xoxo

8:08 AM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

oh i love the illustration, although she appears to be leaning a little closer to the ambrette than the rose!

8:51 AM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Wow! we were writing at the same time...

8:54 AM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

Thank goodness I just skip over Bloglines (their monitor is so slow sometimes!) and came right here! What a poster! Hee!

8:55 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

what a nice scent (for a rose LOL). What an awful picture. Is that really a scantily clad woman, crawling drunkenly amongst some bottles, muttering 'ce soir or jamais'? What? If tonight I don't shag a certain someone it will be never? Am I a pervert? LOL

8:56 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

yes, exactly. If you don't shag him tonight, forget it. And that's ME crawling around in those bottles (looking for one that's not empty). Watch out for my cleaver. xoxo

9:06 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

LOL- NEVER argue with a drunken woman crawling around with a cleaver!

9:24 AM

 
Blogger the many Bs said...

Very nice review. It makes me want to try it. It sounds nice.

1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home