my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

8.20.2005

In Praise of Older Men

I am an expert at tuning out commercials on channels targeted to males, demographic 18 -forever ... but I'm sitting here half listening to the Red Sox and the theme song for A Man and A Woman comes on -- my all time favorite movie.

A boy and girl meet on the street, embrace passionately -- a sidewalk vendor holds up a placard saying "He's 30" -- and there's a tight shot to the bottle of water/whatever he's carrying.

The announcer intones: "In Praise of Older Men."


A Man and A Woman directed by Claude Lelouch

2 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Thanks for the memory. I do love your new look here.

8:41 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

That film came out a few days after I got the results of my "baccalauréat". I rewarded myself instantly by going to see it. I had (still have) a "thing" about Jean-Louis Trintignant. I don't know which part of France he comes from, but there's something absolutely mesmerising in the way he speaks: his voice is very soft, with hardly any inflexions, or strange ones. No one else speaks like that.

I've never liked Anouk Aimée, but she was good in that film. I find her "cucu" (fey).

As TLP says, thanks for the memory. :-)

8:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home