my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

8.22.2005

Because of ... That Way That I Have

Every once in a while, that mood slips over me ... that mood that successfully keeps me out of large groups of women in active competition ... that mood that makes my teeth hurt and jaw ache any time I am around social climbers or pseudo-intellects for any extended period of time ... the mood that forestalled any gains I might have made as a sorority princess or beauty contestant ...

...that mood that makes me want to scream OH FOR GOD'S SAKE, GET OVER YOURSELF!! YOU ARE NOT HALF THE HOTNESS YOU THINK YOU ARE!

And then it recedes. The calm of my psyche is restored. I am once again kind. And gentle. And empathetic. Feminine in every sense of the word.

11 Comments:

Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Oh it is sooo true.
Of course that is very easy for me to say...because I am quite a beauty! Anyone will tell you, just ask me (you see...sassy).
BTW L'Artisan has a new fragrance under wraps that will be of a limited edition. Now, if you wonder how I know, My dear friend Avrile is their East Coast Account Executive and was here tonight telling me about it. She is bringing over an article about it over the weekend, so I'll tell you more about it then.

7:01 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

WOWOWOWOWOW!!! Fun! thank you! My blogroll is full of perfumistas who would love to know more!! xoxoxo
BTW, i knew that about the beauty ... from the wonderful line in your poetry re stepping on hearts in four-inch heels. You have a great eye, a great ear.

7:09 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

What do you mean? I'M ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS!

Too bad I keep eating those chips...

7:11 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

not you, honey. not you.

7:31 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Aw shit, is it me? Is it because of that comment I made about imagining myself as Bettie Page as I mowed the lawn? LOL.

7:57 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

no, no, not the sweaty bettie. heh.

8:01 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Hee hee!

8:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Pseudo*-intellectual! Oh yes, I can take a hint.

10:17 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

K - you pseudo? HAH! xoxo

7:52 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

I loved the post itself, but then I come here to comment and the comments have me laughing too much...forgot what I was going to say!

Oh, now I remember!: I'm radioactive.

2:39 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

it took me a while to get it and then I realized, TLP, YOU ARE ALL THE HOTNESS YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!

5:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home