my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

7.13.2005

Mostly I Hate It When We Have These Little Talks


I always know I'm in for a good time when Jim takes me by the wrist, says "Come here. I want to talk to you." And drags me over to the sofa, where he sits me down, puts his arm around me and proceeds to lecture.

"Your writing means a million dollars to me. When you've done something creative, you have a sense of satisfaction that stays with you the whole day. You're happy. Not angry. Not sad."

But aren't my political posts creative?

"No."

Today's second fragrance: Yosh Han's Ginger Ciao 2.27 with notes of black coconut, night queen, tiger lily, neroli, ylang ylang, ginger, basil. It's a dark, totally non-beachy scent with a nice spiced herb undertone. I only like two coconut scents: this one and Pilar and Lucy's The Exact Friction of Stars. (There's a great name for you, Janey.)

10 Comments:

Blogger katiedid said...

Uh oh, 2005 to 2005? Are you quitting? You can't quit! Nope, I won't let you! Nope, nope, nope. Or are you happily telling us you have a big writing project to work on?! If so, then a !!!BIG!!! congratulations, M!

2:45 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

nope, I'm not quitting but thank you for asking! I just did that for effect. heh. xoxoxo

2:46 PM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

That takes guts miss M. I think your Jim is great. Thanks for sharing him with us. I admire his courage!

xoxoxo

3:14 PM

 
Blogger Yesrie said...

BWAAAAhahaha! I'm with Katydid, those dates are TOO SCARY X-O Puh-lease, erase the deceased date and repost it. C'est Chic LIVES! (And rules.)

3:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! BWAH! and MWAH! I love your blog, and you should continue to write about what you want to, when you want to. Whatever puts a little wind in your butt.

thalia

4:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For effect huh? Are you all smiley you scared us? What would I do without the names? I came over for a name because I was posting a pix just now and there it was. Perfect. But the Extact Friction of Stars will have to wait for the muse to strike - though it is a wonderful name for a story. I think the next one will be Pilar unless of course you post a better one by then.

5:30 PM

 
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

Does this mean your FILTHY little blog is coming to an end?

7:02 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

oh, Little Bar ... I had SO hoped someday you would honor my humble little blog with your holier-than-thou presence. Welcome! And I'm here to stay! xoxoxo

7:08 PM

 
Blogger Sand said...

Ooh please have a big writing project too! Maybe it's the death of small writer Mireille who's ready for the bright lights of Hollywood!

9:28 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

ahh, S. you're my little ray of sunshine. xoxoxo

9:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home