my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

7.29.2005

Dorothy Parker 1893 - 1967

  • "If all the girls who attended the Yale prom were laid end to end, I wouldn't be a bit surprised."
  • "I'd like to have money. And I'd like to be a good writer. These two can come together, and I hope they will, but if that's too adorable, I'd rather have money."
  • "I know that there are things that never have been funny, and never will be. And I know that ridicule may be a shield, but it is not a weapon."
  • "I wish I could drink like a lady / I can take one or two at the most / Three and I'm under the table / Four and I'm under the host"

Today's fragrance: Chanel Coco Mademoiselle with notes of bergamot and orange, a heart of rose and jasmine, and basenotes of woody vetiver, patchouli, vanilla and white musk. I don't mind the citrusy green opening, but I'm sure I'll like it even more as it develops. I'm not ordinarily a fan of vetiver; that should be interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Urban Chick said...

dotty p rocks!!

3:59 AM

 
Blogger Val said...

(=D Hehe!

8:35 AM

 
Blogger Lila said...

I love Dorothy Parker. She truly was one of America's greatest wits.

9:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home