my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

7.29.2005

Petals & Beans

More hormonal stream of consciousness, sitting here in my flying pig pajama bottoms and my Perfect Pooch Academy (dial 1-800-GOOD-DOG) t-shirt, drinking another cup of Jim's excellent coffee and watching CNN out of the corner of my eye. What makes me sad is seeing London police in checkered hats and civilized black and white, as if they're off to their office jobs, carrying automatic weapons. Also not very happy about amount and types of Republican legislation that have recently made it through. Noted, however, that Frist apparently has broken lockstep with Bush about stemcells. Heh. Must go back and read that. Also have Atlantic Monthly article to read on psychology of suicide terrorism. Must not forget self-imposed moratorium on political blogging. Is not entertaining, except to me. Sometimes. Bucky has had another breakthrough: I got a tail wag this morning. He is not a morning dog and usually all I get is the eyes briefly opening before he resumes morning nap. Must do something about quality of skincare. How can one have acne at this advanced age? At least I'm not drying up. Heh. Think I will explore Decleor line of aromaessences and balms. Oh yes, another place to spend hundreds of dollars. Like that is going to happen. Must finish transcript and bill today. That will cheer me up. Actually I am pretty darn cheerful. Had wonderful dream about petals and beans. Something to do with flowers and alternative protein sources. Oh. Maybe coffee beans. Hm. Also have been looking at fall clothes. First time in nearly five years that I might need something other than new sweats. Kind of exciting. Fun to look at Blogdorf Goodman (link at right) because she has amazing taste and would be a wonderful stylist. Wish she would be my stylist. She should start a consultancy. Hope you're reading, A. In other blog-related activity, made olive salad for tonight's muffalettas (I lead such a sheltered life ... am I the only one astonished by the fact that Eighteen Dollars Was Spent on Green and Kalamata olives? Did they have to pay union wages for the emergency harvesting of said olives? Eighteen Dollars!) and stirred a bit of the salad into creamcheese mashed potatoes last night (which kind of works against the new fall clothes concept). As Lex Culinaria (link at right) blog promised, it was AMAZING. Where does she come up with these ideas? And in today's scent report: remnants of last night's Lady Evangeline wafting up. Today's fragrance, however, will be Balmain's Vent Vert (new formulation) with notes of greens, orange blossom, lemon, lime, basil, rose, galbanum, lily of the valley, freesia, hyacinth, tagetes, ylang-ylang, violet, oakmoss, sandalwood, sage, iris, amber, and musk. According to NowSmellThis (link at right), new formulation is actually preferable to old in lack of bitterness. I have only smelled dupe of original and it was pretty darn bitter. But this Vent Vert is green, green, green and I like it. There's the subject of a blog for someone more knowledgeable than me: which new formulations are actually superior to the originals? *blasphemy!* Addendum: additional information about skin care brand cited by N: CdP is Cle de Peau ... which may be even more likely to change my life than Decleor (interestingly, both brands are owned by Shiseido which is also affiliated with Serge Lutens. I sense a global conspiracy). Why should I possess these life changing products, Bela? Because I'm Worth It! LOLOLOLOL

9 Comments:

Blogger mireille said...

YOUR dream is realizable! And that Japanese skin care? Yon-ka? Inquiring minds would like to know. xoxoxo

12:12 PM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

"Because I'm Worth It"???????

Oh you are just looking to stir up trouble now, aren't you ;)

It's so hot here I could never get around to mashed potatoes in any quantity, not even for a salad. I'm just terribly glad I happen to have two kids who love eating green salads over and over for their whole meal.

1:51 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

When you wrote, "Something to do with flowers and alternative protein sources," it somehow brought to my mind a restaurant I went to years ago called "Flowers in the Kitchen." They had a flower garden and served a few edible flowers with each meal. It was a lovely place. All of which has nothing to do with anything. LOL. As Dan Quayle said, "A mind is a terrible thing."

4:39 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

K, you must have the healthiest little kids. And I bet they're not wearing Tommy Hilfiger anything. xoxoxo

TLP, welcome to the stream of consciousness world of thinking and writing. xoxoxo

5:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a bout of adult acrne a few years ago and I had never really worn makeup. Went to a dermatolgist (and continue to), switched to herbal wash and cremes- her brand of course) and haven't had any problems since.I think we just put too much artifical junk on our faces.

Evangeline huh? Nice name.

5:28 PM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Us dogs sleep a lot when we feel safe and secure with a kind master.

12:11 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

As K says, "you are just looking to stir up trouble now..." Because I'm worth it indeed! Oh, I so like being teased. :-D

1) I agree it's very sad about our police, but they are doing an amazing job (they've now got all four failed bombers in custody).

2) I will not be reading any article about the psychology of suicide terrorism.

3) N, you can have hormone-related spots until you're post-menopausal: any slight shift can produce a crop, any time of the month. The odd spot I get these days is always an allergic reaction or caused my extreme stress (I have two right now). I'm allergic to ultra advanced products so I've reverted to non AHA stuff, for instance. I recently got a bottle of a fantastic Samuel Par face oil (expensive Belgian make) in TK Maxx (£4.99 instead of £48): the smell is out of this world (thyme, rosemary, rose, etc.) and I'm delighted with it.

4) The original Vent Vert was absolutely wonderful: it was that bitterness and astringent quality that made it so unique. The new version is much too sweet, but then a lot of modern fragrances are much too sweet.

6:27 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

*bats eyelashes* thank you, J!

6:50 AM

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Beautiful post. And you are worth it. And I may dial that number as well.

3:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home