my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

7.28.2005

I Love the Malevolent Mouse


Today's fragrance: Christian Dior's Dioressence with notes of violet, rosebud, geranium, cinnamon, patchouli ... they went for the sweetness in this one, but I really like it anyway. It's an oriental that -- so far -- is softpedaling all that makes it oriental. Bet I'll like it even more as the day progresses and it drills down into basenotes. "Drills down." All us perfume fans use oil industry terminology. heh.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Icy projects beauty in her pictures like you project beauty in your writing.

7:15 AM

 
Blogger Val said...

HAHAHHA I love it =) Have a super day!

7:35 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

LOL Too funny!

2:54 PM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

Yikes, I still haven't gotten around to trying Dioressence. I must remember to try that one.

4:39 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

Great comic strip... :-)

6:03 PM

 
Blogger WinterWheat said...

You're making me want to resample that one. Love those notes. Oh -- and please read my comment posted in response to your "views" post. Were you in the Residential College?

6:25 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

K- yes! and I lived in Hinsdale and Strauss -- had to look them up! xoxo

6:37 PM

 
Blogger A Little Bar of Soap said...

That little mouse needs some Old Time Religion!

5:40 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

oooh, you've gone pink! or was it hathaway rose?

or were you ever thus?

see, i can't remember now...so it must be YOU all over

UC x

6:04 AM

 
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Mireille -- I was in the RC too! In fact, my Intensive French professor was named... Mireille! :-)

My only regret is that you and I didn't overlap. :-(

1:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home