my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

6.10.2005

A Note of Explanation


If you read my blog earlier today, there was a post of a draft chapter of writing that is very personal, autobiographical fiction, if there is such a thing -- and some realtime editorial remarks from Jim, who encouraged me to radically change direction on the piece.

Although I received some very kind, even loving comments, I found myself feeling just too naked and raw about putting it out there.

I'd posted weeks ago about seeing the blog as a desensitization process for my writing.

For me, there is a very thin membrane between self and creation. I am assimilated into my writing -- or the best writing I do is assimilated into me. And at risk of sounding artiste, I'm fragile about this work. I am frightened by my creative process and what it costs me emotionally to write.

This means that post was too visible. Or at least too visible for what I am able to bear right now.

This in itself is an attempt at transparency. And I will soon return to the acerbic wit that is this blog's usual program format.

But, if you were interested, I wanted you to know.

Today's Fragrance: Parfums DelRae Debut.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Oh Micki, I wish I had read it!!! I want to read it, won't you reconsider? I want to know all about you because I'm greedy like that. :-)

Anyway, I like your writing a lot, did you see I put a link to your blog on my blog? I also really appreciated your comment about my writing, it meant so much to me. Thank you.

I'm here waiting to read, when you are ready to write about whatever it was. Love, KM

10:57 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

oh, Kate. thank you. and thanks for the link, Catbird Journal Lady!

10:59 AM

 
Blogger Yesrie said...

I missed it, but I'm okay with that for now :> Anytime you're ready.

11:04 AM

 
Blogger cjblue said...

I did happen to see your earlier post and wanted to re-read it and digest it before I managed to comment on it. We have some interesting parallels in our lives. But what I really wanted to comment on is your writing style. Intensely personal and yet in no way separating. I lost myself in your writing, is what I wanted to say. And at times my memories melded with your story so perhaps the feel of the road trip was mine and not yours, but it resonated. You write beautifully, and I look forward to a time when we can read more.
XOXO
R

11:21 AM

 
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

Another "I missed it"!!! But agree with your sentiments. Don't put it out there if it feels too personal.

You're smelling mighty good today, BTW.

11:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear M, I can undestand what you mean about losing oneself in writing. I feel that the progress of expression the innermost thoughts is a process, by which you bare a part of yourself. At some point, how can one denote a line between what is personal and what is not. Therefore, I can understand why you are sensitive about it. I missed the post, however I hope that I will see more of your writing in the future. Meanwhile, I will pick up what I can from your posts on this blog, continuing enjoying your beautiful prose, whatever the topic.

12:42 PM

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Oh Micki! I would have LOVED to read it.

Like you, I understand that thin membrane and the reluctance to cross it.

Please consider posting about it again!
xox
b

1:09 PM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Oh dear, I'm so blessed to have had a chance to see it. Thank you for sharing. I hope my comments didn't give rise to the naked feeling. They were made with love.
xoxo
Laura

1:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't go there, I say. Go shopping instead.

I loved reading what you had to say but that's because I want to know the story, and that includes everybody's story...but that doesn't mean it's a story ready to be known.

We all love you here...pretty sure.

~clearing

6:24 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

i did read it quickly but planned to return to read it over again

many of us will be able to relate to your fear being so 'naked' but, M, you write so beautifully, i hope you will get around to sharing more of your stuff with us some time soon...

xxx

6:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home