my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

2.03.2008

Hope, Idealism, Sacrifice, Redemption

No, this post has nothing to do with this political season.

It has everything to do with a movie Jim and I watched last night ... Lady In The Water ... a 2006 fantasy thiller listed by Variety per Wikipedia as one of the ten biggest financial losers of that year.

Too bad. It's a wonderful story. See it if you want to feel better about human beings and their possibilities.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

Financial loser is the best you can say about a movie. I am now curious to see it.

2:08 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Normally, Ariel, I'd agree but I have to dissent from Mireille's review.

Actually, when I saw the title I thought it might be about the Patriots and I was wondering where the redemption would come from.

Zockso, though!

8:42 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

Doug, God has given us the Patriots and the Red Sox to teach us patience and humility. What is redemption if not delayed triumph? (demonstrating that the patience was assimilated but maybe not the humility) ... also I will get even with you for this and for the cow. xoxo

6:22 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Its a great fairytale! :-)

xox Girl and the City (in Paris!)

http://girlandthecity.wordpress.com

7:52 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Mireille, then he probably should have thrown in the Cubs cause it ain't working.

10:23 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

If you say it's good, I'm seein' it.

Thanks for the tip.
(Doug's a man. They're so limited.)

4:04 PM

 
Blogger tsduff said...

It was a little corney, but you know, I liked it after all. Nice story, and lovely actress.

7:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home