my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

1.15.2008

Distraction

So what do YOU think about when you're trying not to think about something?

Well, you can purchase things. In my mind, there is nothing better than distracting yourself with online frivolities. Things like Badger Body Butter (specifically in Antique Rose scent, courtesy of a recent NowSmellThis column). Saw it. Smelled it in mind. Had to have it.

You know, things you didn't know you wanted until they presented themselves to you on the small screen in which you have buried your face.

Bucky is also trying to distract me. In order to get a mint Milano cookie, he is willing to trade his severely-chewed-upon piece of rawhide. And he paws me repeatedly to point out what a bargain I would be getting.

I've already made the rounds of my favorite blogs. Daily Coyote. Desire to Inspire. Dooce. Frugal Fashionista. Now Smell This. Slap of the Day. Triticum Turgidum. Waking Ambrose. (Listed alphabetically and there are more. And I need more posts from you guys. Except for NST and WA, who post religiously.)

Then there are stupid TV shows. Watching an episode of Scrubs for the 15th time is good. I can do the dialogue with the actors.
Got any ideas? I could use some more distraction.

* I am not certain the graphic employed in this post is entirely accurate. For instance, I KNOW my Telephone Skills sector is not that big.

23 Comments:

Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

Is that picture trying to say that it's a lot easier to think of nothing if you are a man?

Stupid tv shows are the best, I think. You have to be in active mode to surf the Net but sitting in front of a television you can really go into coma. And what about the dozens of bottles of whiskey you got for Christmas? :-)

11:23 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

I'm not very good at this kind of thing. There are things that even a new lipstick can't make better; CSIs and Law & Orders would probably work for me for a while, as well as trying to sort out my digital pics or my MP3 player (although those two activities usually end up in tears of frustration). I actually think work is the best distraction - or learning how to do something tricky with html (my favourite thing in the entire world - I'm not joking).

Thinking of you, sweetie. :-)

10:15 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Ahaha, Ariel, do I have to draw you a picture? Does it have to be in 5 dimensions?

Mireille I recommend: Crossword puzzles, ethnic stereotyping and sending out fake spam.

10:45 AM

 
Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

Doug, maybe I'll have the time to look at that from the 7th heaven.

Mireille *hugs*

9:19 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:53 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

"Don't worry, Mireille, we'll have you off your feet and back in bed in no time." -Dr. Marx

Yeah, that's how it goes

Be well, zockso

5:22 AM

 
Blogger Mo'a said...

I came over from Doug's...to wish you speedy recovery. Cortisone is amazing kept me walking for several years.
I will be watching for up-date reports.

5:54 AM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

We're thinking and praying for you, zockso.

6:03 AM

 
Blogger The Old Mule said...

I hope all went well. I was in this makeshift hospital in Mexico and they *forgot* about me in the back room. I trust you are in much, much better hands.

Get well soon!

6:49 AM

 
Blogger Nessa said...

I am visiting from Doug's, too. Buying yummy things is always a good distraction. Hope all is well.

9:00 AM

 
Blogger Mother Theresa said...

Doug sent us over to visit, so even though I don't know you, at least I hope I can momentarily distract you. Try visiting new blogs, that always distracts me -way more than it should, actually. Other than that, I hope it's over soon and that you feel better.

9:30 AM

 
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Grit your teeth. That's what I do (and I have the wear to prove it). It'll all be over soon. Soon soon soon...

10:08 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Shop. That's the answer. Drink if they'll let you.

In case you can't shop for weeks on end because of this, I'll just shop in your honor. You're welcome. That's what friends are for.

Hope you are good soon.

11:40 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Suduko is like crack! try that.

I hope it goes well and you're in the painfree zone soon!

12:11 PM

 
Blogger The Old Mule said...

I second the suduko motion. That and back issues of the new yorker.

4:24 PM

 
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

I'm here via Doug's place.
I hope your surgery went very well, and that your recovery is quick and complete.

4:28 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Be well, darling
xoxoxo

Thanks to the dawg for sending me here

4:41 PM

 
Blogger tsduff said...

Hope all is well with you. "Procedures" are never any fun, I don't care what they say.

9:41 PM

 
Blogger Jim said...

Best wishes on your recovery, Mireille.
..

9:44 PM

 
Blogger Cooper said...

I came from Doug's to wish you well, or untimely as it is, to wish you a "hope things went well".

9:46 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Hope it went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery. ♥

4:01 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Yeah, how did it go? Snap to!

4:50 AM

 
Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

Icecream? Lemon cake? French fries? Just nod!

6:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home