my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

1.19.2008

Enough is Enough.

You know how you get to a point where you're just ready to be well and forget about how you got there?

I'm there.

For, like, fifteen minutes at a time, between icepacks, I'm PAIN FREE! Woohoo!! I LOVE IT.

Then the other forty-five minutes, I'm irritable and swinging, mood-wise, from the chandelier. If we had a chandelier.

The dog is looking at me strangely. Why is the dog looking at me strangely? What does he mean by that?

HUH???

6 Comments:

Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Dogs love you no matter what. It's just they don't know what to do when they don't understand. It's like when you want to help and comfort someone but just don't know how.

6:58 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

aw, Tom, you and Icy are sweeties. xoxo

7:01 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Wow, so you're sweet 15 minutes per hour? What's that like?

7:29 PM

 
Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

You mention the dog. What about Jim...? :-)

I know that even one minute break in the pain helps so much. Those one minutes of relief took me from actually turning into a monster. Hope the nice nature increases your painless periods fast!

12:08 AM

 
Blogger Nessa said...

I love your chandelier analogy. Those short breaks in pain are almost heavenly.

6:44 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Hooray, no pain for a few minutes! I hope those periods merge into one another very soon.

Doug is right: the poor dog is feeling helpless, just like you must be when he is unwell.

11:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home