my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

6.10.2007

In the Mood for Carnation

A recent post on Now Smell This about Roger & Gallet Carnation Soap and a query on the fragrance board led to these suggestions on carnation fragrance (from people who know):




L'Artisan Oelliet Sauvage
LaBoissiere Carnation
x Guerlain Metalys
L'Air du Temps
DSH Fleuriste
Golconda
x Malmaison
i Profumi di Firenze O-PiĆ¹
Sous le Vent
Terracotte Voile d'Ete
Carthusia Fiori di Capri
Etro Dianthus
x CDG Carnation
vintage Maja
Fendi Asja
x Bellodgia
Etro Dianthus
Fragonard Billet Doux
x Poivre
Santa Maria Novella Garofano
Lorenzo Villoresi Garofano
DSH Spicy Carnation

The only ones I've tried have an "x" in front. It'll take me a while to work through the rest of them. Must get busy.

5 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

You think Paulie Walnuts is cute ??? Stop sniffin' stuff immediately!

8:03 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Okay, okay. Come on back. I'll be nice. Well, I'll pretend to be nice anyway. For five minutes. Or less.

5:59 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

you're ALWAYS nice, lucy. it's just I've got brain fade. All I can think about is the smell of carnation. Will try to come up with something else. XOXO

9:50 PM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

JAR Diamond Waters is also carnation (in my opinion, so "grain of salt" and all that) with jasmine. And I will never forgive you if you never try the richly myrrhiffic (I like to make up words because I can) and carnation inflected Asja. It think Asja gets lumped in as one of those silly shoulder-padded 80s fragrances, and it is, but who cares? It's rich, and lovely. Also, there's Morabito's Mon Classique, which is all freesia if dabbed, but weirdly, if sprayed is like sparkling carnation on freesia if sprayed. Not one of my favorite pefumes ever, but certainly one that entrances me often enough to wear it. I keep forgetting about Maja! AND I have a vintage bottle that I acquired due to my shallow attraction to pretty bottles... I've never given more that a precursory whiff, and clearly I need to rectify that situation if it's sporting carnation.

8:00 PM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

Please ignore the extraneous "if sprayed." English is my first language, and as with all firsts, the results can be uneven ;P

8:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home