my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

7.17.2006

Good Bucky!

I think I've mentioned that Bucky is fairly freewheeling in the obedience department.

Or at least he used to be. But he apparently is in an attaboy mood lately.

In the past few days, he has developed a strange need to have us View the Poop. Or, in this case, the Pee. He wants an audience, dammit, and we're it.

This evening, after dinner, he shows up at the side of my desk, looking enthusiastic. This usually means he wants something, so I got up and followed him. We walked past his food dish, and I noted he still had food.

He walked toward the door, looking behind him to make sure I was following. We walked past his waterbowl (full) and then he's at the door.

Still occasionally looking behind him, to make sure I was paying attention, he walks out into the backyard, practically gesturing with a paw to say, "Speed it up."

Mid-yard, he does his patented "Yes, I am a male but I'm not expending vital energy lifting the leg at this time" squat and I dutifully sing out, "Good boy! Good Bucky! Going Potty! Good boy!"

Thinking my work here is done, I almost turn back toward the house ... but he catches my eye and moves further into the yard. Now, I'm puzzled. What else does he want me to do?

We walk a few more feet and darned if he doesn't squat again. Doubling his body into a "U" as he watches me to make sure I'm watching him.

He finishes. Turns around and saunters away. I guess his work here is done.

This evening's fragrance (with gratitude to Suki): Serge Lutens' Un Bois Vanille. The most non-insipid vanilla-based fragrance in the world. For those times you need comfort (you were right, Clearing), but don't want to be a sap about it. And you don't want to smell like Mom's kitchen, if she ever baked. A smooth vanilla leavened by licorice, guiac wood, tonka bean, sandalwood. Perfect.

5 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

LOL. The fragrance that came to mind was one of Bucky's!

8:19 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

Well, what works for me: slather on a thick, unscented cream such as cetaphil-in-the-jar before applying scent. Let the unscented cream soak in and then liberally apply scent. The oils in the cream seem to hold and extend the fragrance longer. Another light green fragrance, to me, is Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. Green but a little bit more strident: Yosh U4EEAH. hth! xoxo

11:08 AM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

" he does his patented "Yes, I am a male but I'm not expending vital energy lifting the leg at this time" squat " Bucky and Fred would get along great. I bet they even have a similar doggie napping schedule... Meaning, wherever they are at the time they decide they need to nap, that's where they do it, and consequences be damned if they happen to be in the middle of everyone's way!

10:37 PM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Casper does that exact same thing with the 'look' and the 'checking over the shoulder to make sure you're following'.

Bucky is like a little kid 'look Mom, look at what I did! Aren't you proud?' :-)

7:16 AM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Well. We do like attention now and then! I mean, to eat, sleep and poop is our triad of life.

10:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home