my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

7.04.2006

Generational Witchery

Too bad about all that bad PR witches have attracted. You'd think with the magic powers, there'd be better press relations.

As a third generation witch myself, I'm just sick about the way we're portrayed in the media. I mean, all that stuff about kidnapped kids and gingerbread houses. Never happened. Hans Christian Andersen alone did us such a disservice. Sad. Sad, I tell you.

If you only knew how careful we have to be. I mean, one negative thought bounced at, oh, a politician and WHAM! Bad luck for six years. We keep our thoughts to ourselves. And leave it to the political bloggers to attract all those negative vibes.

No, mostly we deal in love spells.

Even then, it gets tricky. Mustn't wish anything bad for old boyfriends-that-did-you-wrong. Live and let live. Karma -- which is different from witchery -- is the broom that sweeps the universe clean. What goes around comes around.

We can only wish you well. Admittedly, our wishes pack a bigger payload than yours do. But only positive thoughts ... as my grandmother used to say, if you can't cast a good one, cast nothing at all. Good ole Grammy. Now there was a witch.

Mother was always a bit stick-in-the-mud about it. And look where that got her. Modern day Hester Prynne. And she and Grammy never got on very well. Hope they're doing better in the hereafter.

Anyway. I just noticed that the blog had taken on a negative political tone and thought I'd better step up and compensate.

I'm pretty busy taking care of the Discovery Shuttle -- and news just in: apparently those North Korean missiles didn't do too well. Too bad.

But, heck, it's a holiday. I could do a little extra. Got anybody you want in love with you?

6 Comments:

Blogger Doug The Una said...

I still think you should have turned Hans Christian Anderson into a toad. Guess that's why I'm not a witch.

3:18 AM

 
Blogger puppytoes said...

ah... now i understand why i'm so drawn to you!

and thank goodness (heh heh) you don't use your power for evil... tho', since you didn't turn Hans Christian Anderson into a toad, any possiblity of doing something "interesting" to Dubya? (guess it's good i'm not a witch, either...) xox

neva

9:10 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

I'd like for Dubya to be in love with the truth. Can ya work on that?

12:20 PM

 
Blogger G said...

As members of the same secret tribe *wink*, mind sharing where I can get one of those Karma brooms? And does it come with a dust pan?

8:17 PM

 
Blogger goatman said...

Its hard not to take on a "negative political tone" in these days of madness and killing.
I'm thinking the tide might turn in November when the mix changes and we might have some balance , or at least friction.
Till then we must take refuge in our hopes for the future.
Thanks for stopping by my blog; yup, a fractal.
Peace

3:17 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

OK, I am totally intrigued by this information, tell me more!!!! So cool! Wait, wasn't your mom married to a preacher-type guy? Was it like "Bewitched"?

BTW: What's up with that show, and "I dream of Jeannie" and "I Love Lucy"? All shows in which the comedy is that a woman had to repress her own powers to make a man happy and fit into his limited world. What a drag. xoxoxo KM

6:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home