my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

7.09.2006

It's A Good Excuse, and I'm Sticking with It

I'm kind of a Ms. Malaprop -- words are my playthings and I play pretty rough. Some of my friends kindly correct me when I misuse fancy words; some are even kinder and blow past the semantics-in-error and let me continue in my belief that I'm the most articulate babe on the block.

However ... even if I didn't have that unfortunate malaprop tendency, I'd be in trouble, writing-wise, right now.

Has anyone spoken to you of Mercury in Retrograde? Starting July 4 and continuing through July 29, you probably shouldn't believe anything anybody tells/writes/ phones/emails you.

Don't sign contracts if you can help it and, for God's sake, don't write any love letters.

The planet Mercury, which governs fleet feet in general and communications specifically, is a balled up trickster right now.

So, if you're having trouble writing a grocery list, have just offended your five closest friends with an email that seemed fine to you but highly offended them, feel like you're talking with cotton in your mouth because people have trouble understanding anything you say and generally sense your snafu-to-success ratio is pretty high right now, there's the reason.

You don't believe in all this? Ok. Just take a look at what happens in the next two weeks, and let me know how it goes.

9 Comments:

Blogger Logophile said...

Have I told you lately how much I adore the Red Door my mother in law sent me?
;p

8:18 AM

 
Blogger WinterWheat said...

I think I was born while Mercury was in retrograde. Sigh.

1:12 PM

 
Blogger puppytoes said...

balled up trickster, eh? yep, i believe it! thanks for the warning...

does this Mercury in Retrograde thing mean we shouldn't blog for the next couple of weeks? (hey, it works for me) xoxo neva

2:29 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Can I borrow this excuse? I can say stuff like: "Sorry if I annoyed you, but Mercury is in Retrograde right now, you know?"

I LOVE the sound of that!

2:50 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Actually actonbell is very good socially because she's so quiet.

Just checking in to tell you "so far, so good."

8:32 AM

 
Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

yeah, and what to say in the rest of the year?

10:39 AM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I'm with TLP--I'm going to milk it.

And when I don't even come CLOSE to finishing the NY Time's crossword on Sunday, I'll know why. ;)

3:21 PM

 
Blogger elle said...

And in the sidereal system Mars is debilitated in the same sign w/ that ret. Merc. and Saturn. And they are opposite the Moon right now. Sigh. Amazing how useful this stuff can be to explain my recent astounding number of typos. :-)

5:39 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

So people are going to start lying now?

4:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home