my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

12.21.2005

Sound of One Dog Laughing


Today's Fragrance: Susanne Lang Cashmere and Pashmina ...

A minor complaint: Susanne, I know you're protecting your formulas, but could you please give us something more tangible notewise in your descriptions? I understand the romance of "As we journeyed by camel across the Jaisalmer desert, the sunset took forever to die in its furnace glow" but it doesn't help me anticipate, or understand, a fragrance.

One of my friends swears Cashmere is a mixture of Calvin Klein Obsession and Sheer Obsession, and gave me side-by-side vials to prove it. Darn close. Vanilla-y amber comfort scent. Pashmina? To me, like Cashmere, but spicier.

The art of these fragrances is their complicated uncomplication. Seeming simple, there is a subtlety to their textures. Yes, variants on the amber-vanilla-spices-woods genre, but I sense -- I haven't got the nose to qualitate it; others can -- there's more going on underneath.

Soft elegance. No one will dread you coming in the room with these on. Some will even look forward to it ... not the worst thing you could say about fragrance.


Best Last Words Department
Never forget it: decay is inherent in all things.

the Buddha (died 483 C.E.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Logophile said...

Dogs with wicked wit, you have to love it!~

1:28 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

LOL. I love it! And here I didn't even know that Santa had a dog! Silly me.

6:47 AM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I can just HEAR him laughing (because they do laugh you know, cats smirk)

7:43 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

That's a great cartoon! :-)

I have the same beef with Susanne Lang. why can't she give a bit more info in the way of notes? Aggravating.

hugs,
L

9:50 AM

 
Blogger TLP said...

I swear when I came by earlier, this was just a cartoon and the "Best Last Words Department."

I'm going crazy. Maybe.

"No one will dread you coming in the room with these on. Some will even look forward to it ... not the worst thing you could say about fragrance" YES. I like that in a scent!

2:59 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

HAH! fooled ya, TLP. *And just added it in* xoxo

3:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home