my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

12.21.2005

Join Me At Waking Ambrose

It's my honor to be a guest on the Waking Ambrose blog today.

Channeling the deeply cynical Ambrose Bierce most weekdays and broadcasting a story each Saturday (the man's voice is worth the price of admission), Doug brings us all a bit closer to our inner curmudgeon.

There's no room for false sentiment, soft edges or too-pretty talk in Doug's world ... and his skill is that he makes you laugh as he shows you how ridiculous it all -- ego, pretense, artifice -- is.

And yet, it's Christmas at Waking Ambrose! Please come over to Doug's blog as I join him, Willie and Walela for some Christmas lore ...


Today's fragrance: When Willie and Walela want to impress, they make sure they have a bit of the Canadian company fruits-passion's HOTdog Eau de toilette behind their ears. Specially designed for a dog’s sensitive sense of smell, the light eau de toilette contains half the alcohol found in regular eau de toilettes and leaves them pleasantly perfumed for days. With its fresh notes of fruit, fig leaves and cedar, it makes Doug and W/W each other’s best friends EVAH. *Yes, this product does exist. Yes, I have some. Yes, Bucky has worn HOTdog. Bucky, however, prefers to go au naturel as he feels it gives him more of a butch image*


Best Last Words Department:
"Wait 'til I've finished my problem!"
Archimedes of Syracuse (298-212 B.C.E.)

13 Comments:

Blogger dddragon said...

oh, come on - really? I shoulda known.

Great post today and over at Doug's!

7:44 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Hahaha, the twins wear a lot of desert sage and dust as well. Merci beaucoups, Mireille. xoxo

8:05 AM

 
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Oooh! It's show time! I am gonna hop on over right now!

11:31 AM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

You were great.

11:50 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

thank you, Tom. See my artwork? Not in your league! xoxo

12:04 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Ya done good.

12:07 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

*mwah* TLP xoxo

12:56 PM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

right on- I'll be right there!

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Jamie Dawn said...

What a darling graphic!
Hot dog!

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Kristen said...

M, that is so exciting! Congrats!!!

xoxo
K.

9:16 PM

 
Blogger Logophile said...

M, you are fabulous, your definition was perfect.
Bucky, I think I am hurt, after having visited Icy...
I am still deciding.

1:27 AM

 
Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

Beautiful work over at Doug's place! Makes me want to be kissed under the mistletoe...

4:17 AM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Finally my comment was accepted at Doug's! Blogger has been boycotting me lately, frustrating. Anyway, they couldn't have picked a better person for Holiday Kisses!

7:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home