my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

8.01.2005

It's Monday and We Should ALL Be At The Beach


Once again, if it had been at all possible, and believe me I tried, there would have been a gorgeous picture of Truro beach at Cape Cod

<<RIGHT HERE.

However, the Blogger will not allow me to upload pictures right now. Maybe I'm being punished for too many references to Karl Rove. I just don't know.

But rest assured, I will keep trying to bring a beach picture to all of you who so richly deserve it this crummy Monday morning.

Thank you for your patience.

Addendum: Rarely will you find a Calvin Coolidge quote at chez chic. But strange days call for strange happenings and you finally got your beach pix and you get your CC quote:


"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Today's fragrance: Sage Machado Amber, light and dark Tunisian amber with blood orange as a top note. The most comforting fragrance I could think to wear today. Rich, warm (it's cool in Seattle again), feminine.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bela said...

Persistence may well work everywhere except in the British Theatre: nobody, but nobody, could have been more persistent in trying to get a permanent job (backstage) in that field... and I know I had the necessary skills too... but no. You need luck more than anything else.

12:52 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Quotes like that scare lazy people like me! LOL.

I can see the pic, so I see your persistance paid off! :-)

12:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with CC! Persistence pays off. You sometimes have to vary your itinerary a bit, be flexible, keep your attenae up for the next good thing, but keep at it, whatever it is, and something good will happen.

5:23 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Ah, Cape Cod. I love it.

6:16 PM

 
Blogger Sand said...

Persistence is the one thing that I really hold on to!

6:20 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

My comment disappeared. I'll try again! I LOVE TRURO!

6:38 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

ME TOO!

6:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home