my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

8.25.2005

Brat

Now where were we? Ahh yes, it's morning once again at
M Manor and we find ourselves running a bit dry on the creative concepts front.

Want to do a post on the Eight Warning Signs of Narcissistic Personality Disorder but must take time to do it properly. Note to self: dig out DSM-IV and Merck Manual for source material. hmmmm.

It's August 25 -- oh wait. *pads off to get coffee* *pads back*

Ok, it's August 25 and will be 85 degrees in Seattle today. Nice. So why am I yearning for Halloween? Maybe because I am part-witch? (Actual statement made by my mother, who took my semi-psychic abilities seriously. Of course, she believed I inherited tendency from grandmother. Not her. Heh.)

Friend K-girl -- Her Royal Rotundity, her Majestic Gourdliness, the Great Pumpkin** herself -- is already planning perfume gift exchange with other fragrance friends.

Also friend Liz -- who loves Halloween so much she celebrates her birthday then, never mind what the real day is -- is already planning this year's party. Must think of costume. May go as Red Riding Hood with Bucky as The Wolf. Jim has agreed to be Tree In Forest. Refused role of Grandmother. Not as enthusiastic as one might wish. edit: when offered Kate's suggestion of The Woodcutter, accepted with alacrity. Much more MachoSexual, I think.

Additional note to self: research historical background of Halloween.

Anyway, must deal with personal bratlike tendencies to shove away Duties That Must Be Done. Need to buckle down. Counting today, only seven days of summer left. September is my official start of autumn.

Time Flies. Whoooooooosh.


Today's fragrance: Yosh Whiteflowers 1.41 with notes of jasmine sambac, night blooming jasmine, violet, sweet pea, freesia, tea rose, rose maroc, gardenia, lily of the valley, soft lilac, Egyptian tuberose, Siberian fir, narcissus, pettitgrain. Oddly, the greenness of the fir and pettitgrain hits me first and then it's all a drunken blur of wonderfulness. Her stuff is beautiful on me. Love it.

**truth-in-advertising disclaimer: K-girl is actually a shapely redhead. Who is the Great Pumpkin but once during the year.

***embarrassingly delayed credit where credit is due: that beautiful Pez is ellierim danae pez, designed by dddragon!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snicker* *snort*

No need for a disclaimer, I have a thick rind!

lovingly,
Punkin' Head
aka TGP
aka The Great Pumpkin

12:04 PM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:35 PM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

sorry, that was me above

big fat spelling error and now forgot what it was i was saying

will return

UC
x

12:38 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Jim should be the woodcutter who rescues grandma! :-)

1:13 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

much better, Kate! He'll like that better than the tree! xoxo

1:24 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

I wanna be beautiful for Halloween. Oh! wait. That's what I want to be all the time.
I'd like to be Jiminy Cricket. Is that declasse?

3:14 PM

 
Blogger dddragon said...

i LOVE halloween - and will dress up in a costume for any occaison. I'd love to have some psychic abilities - it would have save some time with all those "frogs" in college. Not a prince among them. (well, there was, but I didn't meet him til later.)

oh - and nice Pez there! heh heh

3:22 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

I can't wait for that post, M. Hurry up and write it!

I don't get Halloween - at all. I'm a sad person.

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

Yeah, great Pez! I love it!

Halloween is fun. Most GLBT folks like Halloween, I think. It's a chance to cross-dress without being persecuted.

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home