my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

9.13.2006

Happy Birthday, Suki!

Today's the big day for one of my favorite perfume-and-life bloggers, Suki of cognoscented (who probably wouldn't be caught dead in a Demeter).

Check out her blog for the most exotic take on 'fumes ... and join me in wishing her a wonderful birthday!

(She wants me to: "say I am 74 years old today, wearing pink glittery eyeliner and pink mascara, and that I am wearing a tutu and ripped leotards.

Also, note that the fingernails on my right hand have finally grown to even length, although still too short.

And that the dogs sang a lovely tune in my honor." )

4 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Happy Birthday Cognoscented! I love your outfit. Tres chic.

1:48 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

"She looked at her hands and saw the dessicated skin hanging in Shar-Pei wrinkles, confetti-like freckles, and those dry, dry cuticles -- even her 'Fatale Crimson' nail color had faded in the relentless sun to the color of old sirloin -- and she vowed if she ever got out of the Sahara alive she'd never buy polish on sale at Walgreen's again."

I got this over at Hoss' place. I'm sure that none of your friends would ever buy nail polish at Walgreen's, but just wanted to warn Cognoscented.

1:52 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

Um, you and I are friends and we buy nailpolish at Walgreens, don't we?

I ♥ Lucy.
xoxo

2:25 PM

 
Blogger sisty said...

Happy Birthday, Suki! She's one of the most enthralling writers around -- her pieces about the fire in her house had a profound and lasting effect on me. I'm glad to see she's back, today, too -- I was getting concerned that she might gone on an extended birthday binge somewhere.

10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home