With a bow to Kyahgirl of Mother Hen's Place for her tag, here are my meme answers:
1. One book you have read more than once.
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
2. One book you would want on a desert island.
Voyager by Diana Gabaldon or anything by Dorothy Dunnett, especially from the House of Niccolo series or The Lymond Chronicles
3. One book that made you laugh.
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons (mwah, Sarasotagirl!)
4. One book that made you cry.
Mourning Ruby by Helen Dunmore (thanks again to Sarasotagirl!)
5. One (or more) books I wish I had written.
Anything by John Fowles, particularly The Ebony Tower or The Magus. Or In a Dark Wood Wandering, a novel of the middle ages by Helle Hasse.
6. One (Two) book(s) you wish had never been written.
Lord of the Flies by William Golding or Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
7. One book I am currently reading.
The Emperor's Children by Claire Messud (blowing a kiss to Scentered!)
8. One book I have meant to read.
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
9. One (Two) book(s) that changed your life.
Three Black Skirts: All You Need to Survive by Anna Johnson and The Princessa: Machiavelli for Women by Harriet Rubin
photo by Rene Bolduc