my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

9.06.2006

Insomniac EarWorm Special

Of all the things that could be floating in my sleepless head last night, this had to be it:

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races,
Going nowhere, going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
These dreams in which I'm dying
Are the best I've ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles,
It's a very, very
mad world, mad world

Enlarge your world
mad world.

G was right: lyrics of Mad World are by Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith of Tears for Fears; the song, featured in the film Donnie Darko, was covered by Gary Jules.

2 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Very interesting. Mmmmmm...

10:29 AM

 
Blogger G said...

Tears for Fears? That song always give me pause when I hear it.

8:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home