my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

6.21.2006

Summer Solstice

Today I join Wiccans (and those who are Wiccans-at-heart) in celebration of Litha -- Midsummer -- triumph of light over darkness!

The longest day of the year in this hemisphere, feast day of St. John the Baptist, traditional time to harvest your medicinal herbs and gather your magickal water! Full moon in this month is the Honey Moon ... and a perfect time to make mead.*

Also *whisper*: my birthday. Which has already been wonderful, thanks to Jim and my dear friends.

Age, and wisdom if you're lucky, is a gift from God. I'm grateful.

Today's fragrance: a birthday gift from Jim, Donna by Lorenzo Villoresi. Spicy, clean rose with some of the green stem underneath. Just beautiful. Thank you.







*many thanks to the witch, Lady Bridget, for this information.

15 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Its fitting that the longest day of the year is your birthday M. Maximum enjoyment. ♥

Have a great day.

10:46 AM

 
Blogger puppytoes said...

Amen to that, Kyahgirl! Happy Birthday, Dear Mireille! (believe it or not, i knew about the Honey Moon! that said... how lovely to have something so romantic attached to your birthday month!)

now i have to find a sample of that fragrance... it sounds divine! (like you!) xoxo

1:33 PM

 
Blogger Mimey said...

Another of my esteemed blog buddies with a birthday today. Ooo, coincidence! I may have to recycle the picture of a cake I sent earlier in the week. Hope it's been, is continuing to be and always will be a happy birthday.

1:47 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Happy birthday, you extraordinary lady!

1:55 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Happy, happy birthday!

2:38 PM

 
Blogger dddragon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I forgot that it was the first day of summer! *wacks head*

2:50 PM

 
Blogger Logophile said...

Happy Birthday!

On the summer and winter solstice both I allow the Things to stay up as late as they would like and we have a little celebration.
We will be having a bonfire and roasting marshmallows.
Star gazing is on the agenda if they make it that long, though no sky clad dancing.

3:45 PM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

Happy birthday!! Eat an extra bite of cake for me, and smuggle a piece of your birthday cake to Bucky for me and Fred (he's my long little doggie.) Hope the whole day long is fantastic.

4:28 PM

 
Blogger Lulu said...

Oh, I hope your birthday was a happy one.

5:43 PM

 
Blogger WinterWheat said...

HapPy BiRThdAy to the DiViNE Ms. M!!!!

6:09 PM

 
Blogger Alana said...

Happy Birthday Mirielle! (I know you whispered, bt Doug told us ALL on at his site)

I love long days and this is one of my most favorite times of the year. I don't know you very well (just from comments at Dougs), but I doubt it is just a coincidence that you were born on the day that has the most light the entire year.

7:43 PM

 
Blogger S. said...

Happy Chic Birthday--with slight delay! May the coming year be one of success, love, and joy. Bonne anniversaire, feliz cumpleanos, rejoice!

11:52 PM

 
Blogger Kimberly Gemaehlich said...

Happy Birthday!

12:01 AM

 
Blogger Sar said...

Happy Birthday sweet Mireille! I hope you enjoyed as much as you will the summer soltice. :)

6:47 AM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Yes, and let us add Happy Birthday, too! xoxo Zockso!

6:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home