my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

6.19.2006

An Apology to Musc Ravageur

I am SO sorry (throws self across bed like hysterical teenager). I was SO wrong.

I have actually said I smelled NOTHING from you. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

Last night I spilled a whole vial of you on me and, by God, I finally know what all the talk is about.

I have had the epiphany. YOU ARE AMAZING.

Here it is, twelve hours later and I'm still redolent with the bergamot, tangerine and cinnamon, the vanilla, musk and amber.

Jim gives it a solid 7 out of 10 and he is a harsh critic. Me, in light of past bad behavior, I GIVE YOU A NINE.

Your Skin But Better. Your Skin But Glamorous. Your Skin if You Were Myrna Loy. Hand Me That Martini.

Musc Ravageur by Maurice Roucel for Editions Frederic Malle.

6 Comments:

Blogger WinterWheat said...

I am glad you've come to your senses. :-)

4:32 PM

 
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

LOL...it may be *your* skin but better, but it ain't mine...and ain't apologizin' to nobody ;-)

5:17 PM

 
Blogger Marina said...

Aha! :-)

7:46 PM

 
Blogger Logophile said...

I take it this is not your normal approach to sampling?
:p

4:40 AM

 
Blogger puppytoes said...

Now, see? i'm not sure Marta's right... i'm pretty sure Myrna wore musk a time or two in the presence of The Thin Man.

"Your skin if you were Myrna Loy."

lovely praise, indeed! xoxo

3:14 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Maurice Roucel and I
We don't see eye to eye.

Meh!

8:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home