my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

6.13.2006

Agent Provocateur

According to Wikipedia, "agent provocateur is a person employed to associate with suspected individuals or groups with the purpose of inciting them to commit acts which will make them liable for punishment ... "

" ... as a proper noun, Agent Provocateur may refer to ... a British lingerie brand ..." which coincidentally has a fragrance of the same name.

One of my favorites, Agent Provocateur is a seductive vapor of Moroccan rose, Indian saffron, Egyptian jasmine, French magnolia oil, vetivert, amber, and animalic musk.

See? Not all bad.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

aha-wait til puppytoes sees this!

8:47 PM

 
Blogger S. said...

AP won me over with the drydown, which seemed to me to be rather playfully stern and dictatorial. And also kind of sleekly barren, after hinting at voluptuousness above. I can fit the fragrance, if not the lingerie. I am glad I do not have paramours who would expect me to fit into the lingerie.

3:13 PM

 
Blogger Annieytown said...

Love the new look M!
I fall in and out of love with this one. I have never caved on a bottle. I always grab it and think deeply about bringing it home with me.

4:24 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

I love the name!

5:27 PM

 
Blogger Logophile said...

Ooooh my,
I am not a big fan of musky scents but I really want to try this one now.

5:48 PM

 
Blogger Kimberly Gemaehlich said...

This was all rose chypre hell on me but the bottle is cute.

7:15 PM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

I adore this scent. It is truly brilliant, and I believe will become one of those cult perfumes that people will pine over years later when it is gone. I hope, however, that it will never go away. It's an instant classic in my book.

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I like a perfume with a violent name. It's as close as you get to honesty in ladies' cosmetics.

2:14 PM

 
Blogger puppytoes said...

i'm with actonbell... i lovelovelove the bottle! and i love the idea of those scents mingling with each other (mingle is a word i so rarely get to use... yet i find myself using it on your site all the time!)

of course *you* would provide us with a scintillating ("scentillating"?) aromatic example of "provocateur"... what with being one yourself, and all! xoxo

8:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home