my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

3.07.2006

Wanted

There is a well known literary blog called Chicklit http://www.chicklit.com frequented by chicks of the lit persuasion, such as my friend Sarasotagirl, who sent me this great ad:

"Me: young, cute, erudite T-shirt seeking a soulmate for comfortable, long-term relationship.

You: smart, witty, and literate as hell.

I like well-built dictionaries, voluptuous reading chairs, and online library reservation systems. You adore correct spelling, word geekery, and scintillating book talk with like-minded women (and the kind of men who are secure enough to hang out at a place called Chicklit). I can swing either way on the Oxford comma, but "impactful" is a dealbreaker, baby.

Your personal mantra? "There's no such thing as too many books."

Let's hook up and make beautiful Amazon wish lists together."

Order your Chicklit tshirt at glarkware.com *They make great gifts, she said. Batting her eyelashes*

8 Comments:

Blogger Bela said...

That is sooooo cute! :-)

2:22 PM

 
Blogger Minka said...

Wow, i am gonna check it out. I love reading and metaphorically eat books :)

2:26 PM

 
Blogger Minka said...

hmm...there is no link nowhere to chicklit :(
I will find it though :)

2:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who can discuss the oxford comma intelligently, despises the word "impactful", and has a shirt like that is tops on my list!
(guess how I feel about the oxford comma:-P)

2:34 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Charming!

3:52 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

I'm glad my favorite refined blogger, actonbell, has seen this.

7:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That SSG-she's so smart.

:-)

8:01 PM

 
Blogger Sand said...

I like it!

Ack, at correct spelling! I'm horrible at spelling.

9:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home