my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

2.26.2006

I Got An Internship!

And because I'm superstitious, I won't tell you anything about it! Until it's over! But I'm so excited about a legal department actually letting me in the door as a fledgling paralegal, I can hardly stand it! *No, I will not be dressing like this. Too much cleavage. Statistics show that very few paralegals succeed when they dress like '50s torch singers. Pity.*

*whisper: despite knowing that I should not wear perfume to an interview, I had some pale vestige of SL Chergui wafting around me when I met my new boss. I like to think she was subliminally influenced by my exquisite taste in fragrance. And I don't want to hear anything from the person on the fragboard who thinks it smells like petrol, or kerosene or something. It does not either. Bah.*

13 Comments:

Blogger Urban Chick said...

OOH OOH OOH!!!!!!!!!

congratulations!

and, um, some people think chergui smells like petrol? really? no!!!!!

now i am getting a more chemically whiff from ambre sultan these days BUT NOT BELOVED CHERGUI!!

from a founder member of the chergui defence league


UC

10:55 PM

 
Blogger Trina said...

Yay for you!!! Congratulations! I'd have been been subliminally influenced myself :~D

11:18 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

How wonderful! Congratulations. May this be the start of something BIG!

6:35 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Wow! Fantastic! Congratulations!

Chergui's not my favourite SL, but it certainly doesn't smell like kerosene or whatever. Who thinks it does? Let me slap them for you! :-)

6:44 AM

 
Blogger cjblue said...

YAAAY! Congratulations - all your hard work is already paying off! I'm so excited for you! Although I do think the cleavage thing would help. ;-)

XOXO
R

12:08 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Congrats, Mireille. xoxo and good luck.

2:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, that's awesome!! :-)

you and Chergui are rockin' the house baby!

7:40 PM

 
Blogger Lila said...

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Now... I'm hoping I get an internship next.

XO

7:44 PM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

That's great! We send you our best wishes.

10:49 PM

 
Blogger Mimey said...

a) petrol is a GOOD smell.

b) Congratulations, you must be thrilled. Perfume: you sold yourself. You had something worth selling. Well done.

c) What's a paralegal?: I don't think we have those over here.

9:19 AM

 
Blogger Logophile said...

Congrats!!
That is sooo fabulous!

10:56 AM

 
Blogger Lulu said...

I knew they'd all be fighting for you! Huge congratulations!

4:22 PM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

Oh yay! Congrats and good luck - I know you'll do well, and hope it's a good gig for you!

8:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home