my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

11.29.2005

What I Like About Lucy

Tomorrow is the birthday of Tan Lucy Pez (bloglink at right) and I would like to tell you a few things I really like about her:

Lucy doesn't have a pretentious bone in her body.

Lucy's pretty darn honest. She won't tell you the truth unless you ask for it. But if you ask for it, I think she'd tell you the truth.

Lucy knows how to be happy. She may grumble, but underneath you're pretty sure she's enjoying herself.

Lucy has my mother's sense of humor. Sometimes when I'm reading her posts, I swear I'm listening to my mother. The same self-deprecating wit masking a sharp, sharp intelligence.

Lucy has a heart as big as ... oh, it's pretty big. And she applies it where it does the most good.

Lucy is physically fit. She walks with her friend C every day. Go Lucy, Go Lucy!

But mostly Lucy is interested. She likes knowing what we're all doing ... she does her walk around the blogohood, saying hi to Doug, Tom and Fred ... checking up on Actonbell, dddragon and AP3 (who need checking up on) ... sending a hug to Still Life ... maybe waving to Icy and Ariella ... shouting across the ocean at Bela and Lulu ... and dropping in on me, just to keep me real.

Lucy, I'm very glad you're part of our blogosphere.
Happy Birthday. xoxo

7 Comments:

Blogger TLP said...

Well, hey! Thanks. Aren't you a sweet surprise! I didn't know that you knew it was my birthday. Actually I think I have another two minutes to be 63. The clock is ticking away of course.

8:59 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

I've just been to see TLP (before reading your post, M) and I said she was charming like my mother used to be. Do you think she reminds everyone of their mother? LOL!

I shout back at her across the Pond. And she can hear me, I'm sure. :-)

9:45 PM

 
Blogger dddragon said...

Great post, M!

4:16 AM

 
Blogger Lila said...

Great tribute to TLP!

5:54 AM

 
Blogger Lulu said...

You've caught the spirit wonderfully, M.

6:40 AM

 
Blogger Logophile said...

The Lucy Pez is the official mom of the blogosphere, and she does it soooo well!
Happy Birthday

8:01 AM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Mireille that's really nice and not a bit exaggerated.

9:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home