my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

11.28.2005

Baby, It's Cold Outside

But I came home to an envelope with these beauties inside.

Please, meet Kisane and Anais ... two pretty products of the mind and copic pen of Janey.

I don't know why, but I think Flemish peasant girls when I see these. Maybe the headdresses?

And I also know that I fall back into strange torpor when I'm paging through the work of Janey's Journey (see bloglink at right). As if I were luxuriating in a warmer place.

Maybe it's the hot colors, maybe it's her subject matter -- something deeply female about everything she does. I like it a lot.

Thank you, Janey.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bela said...

They both look cold and sleepy, these Flemish peasant girls. They're lovely. :-)

2:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm blushng. You're very welcome and thank you for posting these and I was thinking of Van Gogh when I drew them. And I knew they'd find a nice warm home with you.

5:43 AM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

yes, i'm seeing the flemish peasant girls too!

beautiful...gonna mosey over to janey's place now!


UC

6:59 AM

 
Blogger Fred said...

Janey does good work. Excellent.

12:39 PM

 
Blogger Humour and last laugh said...

great work! feminine as you said.

11:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful. I love the color and character in the faces.

~c

5:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home