my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

9.08.2005

Floating Anxiety

The answer is: a still from an opening scene of Alfred Hitchcock's "Vertigo." Now was "Vertigo" black and white? This looks digitalized (you can see faint pixel-type marks) and there's seems to be color ... so maybe a colorized digitalized version of "Vertigo" via Google Image? (Can you see I'm dancing to avoid any objections?) Thank you for your answers ... Rorschach is right!

What is worse? What is real, or what we imagine can happen?

If thoughts predispose events, it would be a good idea to keep our minds out of dark alleys, wouldn't it?

And if anybody can tell me where this photo is from, you will win my everlasting admiration. No prize. But much admiration.

Give up yet? I'll tell you tomorrow. *come on, somebody knows what this is*

Today's fragrance: Keiko Mecheri Mogador. Deep rich rose, maybe a cousin to SL Rose de Nuit. In a different and fragrance-related note, clearing's new blog -- appropriately named Clearingesque (link right) -- offers an indepth explanation of the vanillas used in her perfumery. It's interesting.

11 Comments:

Blogger Laureline said...

It's a Degas painting in the background. Still trying to work out the bar in front.

11:24 AM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

I think the bar in front is part of the bars that divide up window panes into squares? The background... don't know... I want to say this is something from Blue Velvet. I don't think that's right, though.

12:41 PM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

"What is worse? What is real, or what we imagine can happen? "

Tough question. Both can be horrendous M.

Your picture? Looks like a piece of a starship with a supernovacritical sun in the background. If that's the case, who would the photographer be?

12:45 PM

 
Blogger Urban Chick said...

what i imagine could happen so far has been worse than the reality

so far

thing is, i don't regard myself as a pessimist...

1:13 PM

 
Blogger the many Bs said...

It looks like a photograph to me...

You are right about keeping our thoughts out of the dark alleyways. That's a dangerous place and good things don't usually originate there. I think the thought is always worse than the realtiy. I try not to create my reality with thoughts of darkness and despair.

1:27 PM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

Everything starts with thoughts like buildings must first have blueprints so it is best to avoid dark thoughts and others with negative thoughts.
I guessed the pic was a bridge like Golden Gate.

2:11 PM

 
Blogger Bela said...

I think Laura's right: it's a Degas painting in the background. Skinny ballerinas? The bar could belong to the museum that painting's exhibited in.

I try not to think ahead - about anything. I never expected all the bad things that happened to me, so what's the point of worrying?

3:35 PM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

I am going to go with, what is real. I feel that what I am able to imagine comes no where close to the horrors of man which I am exposed to. You and I are on the same page today...your comment was right on target. I am somewhat a follower of Cold Case Files, Masterminds, Body of Evidence, etc. and when they go into the minds of serial killers and such, you are seeing pure evil. Worse than I could ever imagine.

Yes, the photo does look like the Degas ballerinas and that could be their bar. It almost looks like a reversed mirror shot...it's haunting.

7:28 PM

 
Blogger The Siren said...

dear M., one thing I am learning is that I am absolutely terrible at screen shot polls. I never recognize anything unless there is a person in it. And I can't enlarge this enough for my slight myopia, LOL!

All that said, it looks like a landscape to me. :)
So we give up. What is it?

5:17 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

I know all about that anxiety. It's an annoying waste of energy but sometimes it can't be helped.

As for the pic... a picture of something on TV? Like one of those ghost shows? Where the investigators go into the haunted house and bring all kinds of equiptment to prove or disprove the existence of ghosts? Sometimes those shows are unintentionally hilarious. :-)

I think this "rorschach test" thing prob says something about my unconscious, but what? :-)

7:19 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Wow, Vertigo! I still see a Degas. LOL! Great pic!

pcmwza: what I see when I've been reading the board too long on my computer

10:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home