my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

9.01.2005

George and Gracie

Don't stay in bed, unless you can make money in bed.


Everything that goes up must come down. But there comes a time when not everything that's down can come up.


Happiness is having a large, loving, caring close-knit family in another city.

Happiness is a good martini, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman . . . or a bad woman, depending on how much happiness you can stand.


Today's fragrance: c's Fine Stagione. I spent the day making friends with this gentle, unsettling fragrance of pepper and almond and ... a soft jasmine drydown. Really, we're very close now. I think this is the type of fragrance that becomes a cult classic. Seriously. Because it's so asymmetric. You just don't expect what's going on in there until you're told ... and scentwise, you're surprised at how amazing it turns out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Good morning M. Trying to imagine pepper and almond with a jasmine drydown. Almond is not my favorite note but I like it in small doses. Same with pepper. Something like FM Noir Epices just blows my nose to bits but some pink pepper can give a nice zing. I love jasmine too.

Your George and Gracie comments are hilarious. I have a large, loving, caring family and none of them live here. After spending a week with them in July, I have to say I agree with the comment here. I just wish they weren't quite so far away. A half day drive might be nice :-)
xoxo

7:58 AM

 
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

Yes to everything...Stacie and I were just talking about family last night, and the family that we choose.
aaawww a martini

How wonderful that you stopped by last night...thank you. I love having West Coast friends.

11:42 AM

 
Blogger the many Bs said...

Love the Geroge and Gracie quotes. Those are great. And so is the photo.

12:11 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Great quotes. I didn't know George and Gracie were ever that young. You sure?

1:38 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

I know. I love thinking of them at that age. xoxo

1:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home