my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

8.31.2005

The Perils of Lemmingdom

Besides being the little creatures that toss themselves off a cliff just for the togetherness of it all, lemmings are also fragrances so desired by the perfumista that she would toss herself off the cliff in pursuit of it.

Not that I personally have ever been involved in this.

Today's fragrance: and erstwhile lemming, Miller et Bertaux Spiritus/Land with notes of sandalwood, tobacco and spices, ginger and rose. Incensey to me, with a smoky floral sense to it. Dark cathedral feel to it.

7 Comments:

Blogger NowSmellThis said...

LOL -- great cartoon, M!

Togetherness is good, right?

9:44 AM

 
Blogger Annieytown said...

I love your fragrance today. I cherish my tiny decant. I might have to cave later down the road. I have strong lemmings but I never go nuts. I want to try the new Serge(Borneo) but will not do anything about it. I will look at with longing from afar.

10:17 AM

 
Blogger Bela said...

Cute cartoon! Lemmings are the only animals I don't like very much. LOL!

I received the wax sample of Bornéo 1834 in the post this morning. I haven't lifted the small polythene covering yet. All I can say is that it definitely is a Serge Lutens scent. No doubt about that. I think it's going to be a little too sweet for me.

10:50 AM

 
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Do you hear rustling in your closet? Those are my lemmings, snuggling up to Clive in the big box.
Ha!

11:03 AM

 
Blogger katiedid said...

Heh - no involvement then? Uh-huh. Well, me neither then. For example, I have no idea who this little furry guy named Czech & Speake Dark Rose is, or why he's hanging around me. He must have gotten lost.

11:38 AM

 
Blogger Lila said...

Great cartoon! Lots of folks in my blogosphere posted cartoons today... what could it mean?

6:25 PM

 
Blogger mireille said...

probably trying to keep their minds off reality. xoxoxoxo

6:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home