my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

6.25.2005

And Let This Be A Lesson To You

From the Associated Press ...
"Nursing home love triangle ends in homicide
Scorned great-grandmother, 78,
blows away 85-year-old ex-lover

Furious that their romance was ending, a 78-year-old great-grandmother shot her 85-year-old ex-beau to death as he read the newspaper in a senior citizens home, police said.

'I did it and I’d do it again!' Lena Driskell yelled to officers who arrived at the home June 10, according to testimony. Police said she was wearing a bathrobe and slippers, waving an antique handgun with her finger still on the trigger.

She is accused of plotting the shooting of Herman Winslow because she was angry that their yearlong romance was ending and he had found another companion.

Driskell was released on a $25,000 bond and placed under house arrest after a hearing Friday. Fulton County Superior Court Judge Richard Hicks stipulated she must wear an ankle monitor and live with her granddaughter Lena Holt.

'I don’t want her on the streets,' Hicks said. 'Who knows how many other guns she has?'"

And she's way more even-tempered than I am.

Speaking of Old Lady Fragrances, what scent does an Old Lady wear? Apparently anything she damn well pleases. Today's fragrance: L'Artisan Jour de Fête, almond tea with a splash of vanilla cream. More subdued than I expected. But nice.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That'll teach me to give dirty looks to little old women driving thirty mph on the highway.

Remind me to keep my hands off her NEXT man.

11:41 AM

 
Blogger Tom & Icy said...

We're only as old as we feel

12:01 PM

 
Blogger TLP said...

Why do I think this is funny? Dunno.

If they were young people, I wouldn't laugh. Somehow old people can do stuff like this, and I don't think they are horrible.

2:16 PM

 
Blogger NowSmellThis said...

Wow, quite a story. I keep assuming that by that age I will be so mature & wise. Maybe not.

6:08 PM

 
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Now, that is my kind of unique action story.

7:23 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

That's an excellent story. :-)

9:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home