my occasional musings on life, love, art, perfume ... what else is there?

4.13.2008

Once Upon A Dream

Maleficent: It's INCREDIBLE! *Sixteen years* and not a *trace* of her! She couldn't have vanished into thin air. [to her goons] Maleficent: Are you sure you searched everywhere? Maleficent's goon: Yes, yes, everywhere. We *all* did. [the rest of the goons agree chatteringly] Maleficent: But what about the towns? The forests? The *mountains*? Maleficent's goon: Uh-huh, we've searched mountains and forests and, uh, houses and... uh, lemme see here... and in all the cradles. Maleficent: Cradles? Maleficent's goon: Yes, yes, every cradle. Maleficent: *Cradles*? [to her pet raven, talking sarcastically about the goons]

Maleficent: Did you hear that, my pet? All these years, they've been looking for a baby [She bursts out laughing, as do her goons]

painting: Arthur Rackham's Sleeping Beauty; quote: Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty

5 Comments:

Blogger Ariel the Thief said...

I know, I know, as we are getting older, the subject of our desire is getting older, too. Or until it's put in coma. :-)

10:30 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

Some days, Mireille, this site is the only thing that happens to me that makes me want to sit on a stump and think.

You have a salon you receive people in, don't you?

8:11 AM

 
Blogger mireille said...

re subject of desire: even a coma isn't restrictive in some instances.

re salon: why yes, dear boy.

xoxo

6:28 PM

 
Blogger tsduff said...

I always thought Maleficent was too scary for a children's story. I'm still scared :)

5:57 PM

 
Blogger Doug The Una said...

I figured. Happy Passover.

8:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home